Are you British

Harnser

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mum's Polish, dad's German. I was born here (Englandshire), therefore I consider myself English first, British second. But, here's a question, there is no 'British' on any site where I have to choose from a dropdown postal country, just a 'United Kingdom'. Perhaps I'm English first and United Kingdom second?

12 minutes ago, mick miller said:

Mum's Polish, dad's German. I was born here (Englandshire), therefore I consider myself English first, British second. But, here's a question, there is no 'British' on any site where I have to choose from a dropdown postal country, just a 'United Kingdom'. Perhaps I'm English first and United Kingdom second?

That's genuinely interesting, so you think it is possible to be English and yet have non indigenous genes ? 

I am English;  Born in England, both parents born in England and 3 out of 4 grandparents born in England (one was born in NZ).  Further back still I have at least 2 of 8 great grandparents from Scotland.

I am also British - because England is part of Great Britain.

I am also a United Kingdom Citizen.

I am also European - because the geographical location of where I live is Europe (and will remain so after Brexit)

I am also currently a citizen of the European Union, but that will cease on Brexit..

Edited by JohnfromUK

49 minutes ago, Harnser said:

or are you English ,Scottish ,Irish or Welch . I like to think I am British ,when abroad I wil always state that I am British from the United Kingdom .

harnser

What a perfectic post! If you where born in England your English, if your born in Wales your welch, in Scotland your Scottish, but at the end off the we are from the UK,