Coronavirus (Covid-19) Is this it?

Doc Holliday

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 hours ago, Retsdon said:

Like this you mean? The airport in Wuhan tonight.

IMG-20200201-WA0022.jpg

IMG-20200201-WA0020.jpg

I think I would be the lad without a mask and would let out the odd cough, you would soon have plenty of room around you and probably less likely to get infected as a result 🤣

8 hours ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

Anybody else notice that the 4 coaches used to move the evacuees north had passengers with face masks, an attendent in a full suite and the drivers were just wearing ordinary clothes with no apparent precautions?

coronabus310120b.jpg

This was queried by an interviewer on television yesterday and the reply by a 'disease expert' was that all the passengers (expats from Wuhan) were seated several seats back. The driver was last to get on and first to get off so didn't get close to the passengers and so didn't come into close contact. Still didn't seem right somehow.

I wouldn't have liked to have been the driver.

OB

Edited by Old Boggy

2 hours ago, bluesj said:

Just tried to find some disposable face masks on screwfix for work as we are running short, they are sold out of just about every thing.  

Needed some as running short for our house renovation, just got the last two boxes in Norwich- thanks for the heads up as up in the loft removing old insulation later!

Edited by Jaymo
Loft spelt incorrectly

28 minutes ago, Old Boggy said:

This was queried by an interviewer on television yesterday and the reply by a 'disease expert' was that all the passengers (expats from Wuhan) were seated several seats back. The driver was last to get on and first to get off so didn't get close to the passengers and so didn't come into close contact. Still didn't seem right somehow.

OB

if you look closely he's holding his breath .

2 hours ago, Jaymo said:

Needed some as running short for our house renovation, just got the last two boxes in Norwich- thanks for the heads up as up in the life removing old insulation later!

when i was in africa....i had to get the lads to clean the boilers out at the factory....which was a very dirty job...and we ran out of masks and had to use Lilletts large fanny pad liners...which worked reasonably well as they had a loop on each end which would go around each ear.....

"field expediency"

24 minutes ago, ditchman said:

when i was in africa....i had to get the lads to clean the boilers out at the factory....which was a very dirty job...and we ran out of masks and had to use Lilletts large fanny pad liners...which worked reasonably well as they had a loop on each end which would go around each ear.....

"field expediency"

Didn’t they feel a bit of a p-r-a-t 😀

2 hours ago, Old Boggy said:

OB

If the driver got on after them they will have touched surfaces before him . People I believe should have stayed were they were , 

On 01/02/2020 at 16:34, old'un said:

Best is, the coach drivers were not wearing masks, seems a bit odd, mind you I had to smile when I seen the name on the side of the coaches HORSEMEN hope that’s not an omen...https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/1236623/horseman-coaches-coronavirus-latest-news-n95-masks-apocalypse-coaches

hello, the bus drivers had no protection at all as you can see on the news reports, guess what the company did, gave them 2 weeks off work !!!!!!!!

Imagine a state creates and release's a virus to which they have a vaccine. Tell the world about the terror rather than keep quiet as might otherwise be the case. A few weeks on with the world on edge waiting for an outbreak, announce a miracle cure that your universities have created.

Sell the vaccine world wide, gain Kudos for creating such a drug and saving the world all at the same time. 

40 minutes ago, oowee said:

Imagine a state creates and release's a virus to which they have a vaccine. Tell the world about the terror rather than keep quiet as might otherwise be the case. A few weeks on with the world on edge waiting for an outbreak, announce a miracle cure that your universities have created.

Sell the vaccine world wide, gain Kudos for creating such a drug and saving the world all at the same time. 

You've been reading too many cheap paperbacks! 🤣

1 hour ago, oowee said:

Highly possible, even though they sat on it and penalised upstart doctors who dared to break the news, which just goes to show the Chinese iron fist of freedoms to speak - or warn the world.

1 hour ago, oowee said:

Why would China bother, I wouldn't think there is much in any of our homes that isn't at least in part made in china they don't need us to like them they will just take the money.

I reckon at 20% of the Leicester university students I used to pick up when cabbing were Chinese in the last three or four years.

Their uni's must be lacking if we have so many coming half way round the world to study here - at what must be a massive cost for them.

21 minutes ago, Dave-G said:

I reckon at 20% of the Leicester university students I used to pick up when cabbing were Chinese in the last three or four years.

Their uni's must be lacking if we have so many coming half way round the world to study here - at what must be a massive cost for them.

It's partly the mentality that anything Western or foreign must be good...even Leicester ;)