Putin announces 'military operation' in Ukraine.

Dave-G

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 hours ago, Smokersmith said:

I think the Ukraine will succumb .. but the World won't let Russia prevail.

I would agree. Whilst the Russian army on paper looks huge its budget is around the same as the UK. At the same time some of the captured soldiers are recent conscripts and already Russia is calling on the support of Belarus. All of this might suggest that the invader is not as strong as they would at first appear. 

The pressure on Putin is immense, from the sanctions, to the currency to the slow advance in Ukraine. I hear this morning that some of the Oligarchs are criticising him. Maybe rather than Ukraine being defeated Russia will implode first?

53 minutes ago, oowee said:

I would agree. Whilst the Russian army on paper looks huge its budget is around the same as the UK. At the same time some of the captured soldiers are recent conscripts and already Russia is calling on the support of Belarus. All of this might suggest that the invader is not as strong as they would at first appear. 

The pressure on Putin is immense, from the sanctions, to the currency to the slow advance in Ukraine. I hear this morning that some of the Oligarchs are criticising him. Maybe rather than Ukraine being defeated Russia will implode first?

Certainly doesn't appear to be going to plan:

It will be interesting to see the intelligence details on the "health" of Putin to unravel in the next few days. A US Senator has set the scene in the last day or so, suspect there is more to come... 

22 minutes ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

He, (Putin) seems to have over estimated the speed of his advance and underestimated the resolve of the Ukrainians.

Fancy not having enough fuel for your tanks, a schoolboy error, a la Adolf!

Have you seen the Turkish drone strike footage? If it's real its very surprising. 

1 hour ago, oowee said:

The Factions and Oligarch’s will be unhappy with him. 

Short term he may be able to weather it but if it drags on his popularity will plummet. 

2 minutes ago, Gordon R said:

The worry is that if close quarter fighting is taking a toll on the Russians, he will resort to flattening Kiev from a distance.

There are worries the Russian’s will start to use thermobaric weapons. They already have them in the areas but don’t appear to have used them yet. 

If they do the casualties are expected to be very high. 

16 minutes ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

The  Bayraktar TB2 footage shows a lot of secondary's.

I think Putin is getting hit far harder than he ever expected.

Looks like lots of surrounding countries are send supplies to support the Ukraine,  BBC news has said Sweden has broken neutrality and is sending 5000 anti tank weapons,  Finland have said their supplied weapons can be passed on, same with Germany. 

17 minutes ago, Gordon R said:

The worry is that if close quarter fighting is taking a toll on the Russians, he will resort to flattening Kiev from a distance.

Let's hope not, buy I can't see how other countries will just stand by if that happens. 

23 minutes ago, oowee said:

Have you seen the Turkish drone strike footage? If it's real its very surprising. 

Yes, impresive. Also those prisoners taken by the Ukrainians are just kids who where told it was just an excersise.

One of the majormobstacles to Putin trying to keep it all under wraps is the mobile network with messages and pictures flashing around the world fromordinary people.

I did have a laugh when I saw the video on youtube of a supposed gipsie towing away a Russian armoured vehicle with his tractor and the Russki running after him.  It beat the one where a local pulled up and offered to tow them back to Russia then drove away laughing.

3 hours ago, Gordon R said:

Yes you have, but I will call a halt to the junior debate. There are people dying, which is far more important.

As I said you got my answer nothing junior about it You Seem to think Regarding your posts That Ukraine should accept defeat And you are correct people are dying but there will be a lot more deaths if Ukraine didn’t fight there people would be under a Russian dictatorship If you post on this open forum be prepared for other members to question your posts 

1 hour ago, Lloyd90 said:

There are worries the Russian’s will start to use thermobaric weapons. They already have them in the areas but don’t appear to have used them yet. 

They already have , Ive seen footage of what was purported to be a nuke strike , but its actually a thermobaric warhead.

Just found this .

1 hour ago, Rewulf said:

They already have , Ive seen footage of what was purported to be a nuke strike , but its actually a thermobaric warhead.

Just found this .

Looks like the video is no longer available. Pretty sure we use thermobaric warheads on hellfire missiles launched from Apache's and UAV.

3 hours ago, Gordon R said:

You aren't equipped to debate. You need to read and understand exactly what you post, not what you would liked to have posted, once the flaws are exposed.

I think you’ll find sir I’m perfectly equipped to debate You seem not to be able to take a counter argument But do agree with your last post people are dying so this is the last post from me