Camel flu pandemic on the horizon

Dave-G

Camel flu is seemingly significantly worse than Covid 19 - with no vaccine if I'm to believe what I read in the Sun... which the wife buys. I see another potential pandemic being caused by those who simply have to indulge themselves.

What's the bet several morons will ignore the warnings and mix with camels during the world cup in Qatar and bring it here rather than give their footy a miss? That'll bring another catastrophe to suck the country dry of funds and stress the NHS.

Should travel to or from Qatar be banned like Covid travel bans if its not strictly necessary - for the greater good and stuff peoples selfish freedom to risk infecting us.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

MERS has been around for donkeys( or should that be camels).  First reported in 2012 I believe? 
Associated with camels, bats and human funny enough and has similar spike proteins to Covid-19

Last time I looked it was being treated by the WHO as a possible future ‘endemic’ and needed further research. 

I’m glad that your using that bastion of information, namely The Sun! Then again, I’m just as bad for reading the ‘Daily Fail’ 😂

Odd, I think that these days all we hear of is more and more viruses on the horizon, and the likes of Bill Gates stating "we need to be taking more vaccines"...where were all the viruses a few decades back? They didn't exist. Not long ago i recall seeing a webpage about the necessity to produce a lot more vaccine for Marburg virus, an illness that there have only ever been a few hundred cases of (if that). So why are they expecting that to kick off?

6 minutes ago, Acerforestry said:

Odd, I think that these days all we hear of is more and more viruses on the horizon, and the likes of Bill Gates stating "we need to be taking more vaccines"...where were all the viruses a few decades back? They didn't exist. Not long ago i recall seeing a webpage about the necessity to produce a lot more vaccine for Marburg virus, an illness that there have only ever been a few hundred cases of (if that). So why are they expecting that to kick off?

If people keep playing about with viruses as they have been with covid it the states  there is bond to be another pandemic and someone like Bill Gates has got to be there to make money! Sorry I meant help.

My main concern in posting this topic is that so many people will be returning from an avoidable close proximity potential superspreader event - mixing with some feckless eejits doing camel rides etc. I failed to make that point in my O P.

Edited by Dave-G

2 hours ago, henry d said:

Yes they did, they just hadn't adapted to a new host.

And you know this for a fact, how? Are you a scientist? Because mainstream media have said so, is my educated guess, so apparently that must be accurate. This is how reliable mainstream media is - Pfizer told everybody to get vaccinated to stop transmission to the elderly and vulnerable, and they now admit in the European court that in fact they hadn't tested it, full stop, for transmission. Why do so many peoiple just immediately believe what they are told

2 hours ago, Acerforestry said:

And you know this for a fact, how? Are you a scientist? Because mainstream media have said so, is my educated guess, so apparently that must be accurate. This is how reliable mainstream media is - Pfizer told everybody to get vaccinated to stop transmission to the elderly and vulnerable, and they now admit in the European court that in fact they hadn't tested it, full stop, for transmission. Why do so many peoiple just immediately believe what they are told

I'd ask the same of you really.  I suspect you have no idea of how wide of the mark you really are.  There was never any requirement for anyone to test for transmission - this is not news, although you seem to have fallen for it.  But I'll indulge your nonsense - please do point me to where Pfizer told everyone what you claim above.  I'll wait...........