Online banking

30-6

I use Barclay's app for online with them and it seems OK.

There is an option on there to view other bank accounts ( Lloyd's in my case ), view I believe as opposed to do anything else. It seems there is an agreement between different banks to do this.

Does anyone use such a feature ? If so good or bad points ?

2 hours ago, London Best said:

Knowing the problems I have sending a text message, let alone an email, I would not go near banking on a computer.

I am exactly the same , what little I know about computers is all self taught and as we only go to the bank around once a month I am happy to carry on as we are , although I believe we are in the minority rather than the majority when it come to online banking .

There will always be Luddites who think personal information floating around an office on bits of paper is more secure than protected electronic storage.

I've had on line  banking for years and I think it's great. I can pay plumbers or builders etc by electronic transfer and I use my phone for contactless payments, which is way safer than using a card, and because of that there's no £200 limit.

My son was one of the first employees in Monzo bank which is purely online with no branches. I was an early adopter of the bank as I felt I had to support him after I’d been with Barclays all my life. I’ve found it a breeze to use and now can look at my other accounts on the same app which is useful too.

15 hours ago, elgreco said:

My son was one of the first employees in Monzo bank which is purely online with no branches. I was an early adopter of the bank as I felt I had to support him after I’d been with Barclays all my life. I’ve found it a breeze to use and now can look at my other accounts on the same app which is useful too.

Does using "linked accounts" allow your main bank to see balances and spending on the linked accounts.

21 hours ago, ditchman said:

i would be totally lost without on-line banking now

my biggest problem is being able to "speak" to my bank ...which is nigh impossible

Long gone are the good old days....

I recently tried to phone my local branch of Barclays and was told there was a waiting time of 32 minutes

One of my farmers noticed a change of details on his bank return and rang his bank manager to find out the old one had gone and now there was a 'team'. He said OK when can you call round....Oh!! we don't come out now but we can arrange a conference call.

Barclays closed our local branch where I could park within an easy walk and the next nearest involves a) paying to park and then a half mile walk across town.

I have a sneeky feeling it is all part of a plan to do away with cash.

I must admit to having been a Luddite for many years, but over the last couple of years have got into online banking and wished that I`d dragged myself into the 21st. Century sooner.

I check our accounts regularly, pay a credit card that I only use for online purchases in full, so that no interest is chargeable and generally feel more in control of our money. 

Like Ditchy, I would be totally lost without online banking now.

OB

10 hours ago, Walker570 said:

Long gone are the good old days....

I recently tried to phone my local branch of Barclays and was told there was a waiting time of 32 minutes

One of my farmers noticed a change of details on his bank return and rang his bank manager to find out the old one had gone and now there was a 'team'. He said OK when can you call round....Oh!! we don't come out now but we can arrange a conference call.

Barclays closed our local branch where I could park within an easy walk and the next nearest involves a) paying to park and then a half mile walk across town.

I have a sneeky feeling it is all part of a plan to do away with cash.

At present a move towards a cashless global society for all is currently being given serious consideration more than ever by the global powerhouses who make and also enforce the centralised financial legislation for a greater proportion of the globe. These are the international monetary fund (IMF), the world central bank, the world economic forum (WEF) and the financial action task force (FATF), oh and lets not forget the SEC in America. To this end many countries are considering the development of a 'central bank digital currency' (CBDC) which would be a cashless digital centralised currency. The bank of England is considering the benefits and risks to developing a cbdc digital pound. At present the pounds in your bank are numbers only, they are a promise to pay the bearer the demonination pounds in fiat currency, so that is in paper or coin if you drew it out of your account from the hole in the wall. Some of the proposed benefits of a cbdc would be faster border payment and reduce liquidity risks. The bank of England says if it rolls out a digital cbdc pound it would serve as a compliment to the traditional fiat system and not a repalcement at any time soon.

Sound great doesn't it?

Lots of questions need to be answered re privacy and who will increasingly have access and control of your money so let us wait and see what the proposals will be.

Central goverment and bank of England say we don't like your political ideology, account zapped at the press of a button :lol: Just stop oil activists, insulate britain activists account zapped :lol: As form of social control it may sound very, very far fetched , China has started using a digital yuan, not with great success but already proposing the ability to freeze and sanction cbdc accounts of individuals and groups it sees as unfavourable. It already has a social point scoring credit system that can affect the individuals ability to travel, gain employement and do business.

Could we see something like this used as a form of social control at some time in the future.

Link for bank of England cbdc

https://www.bankofengland.co.uk/research/digital-currencies#:~:text=to contact us-,What is central bank digital currency%3F,a computer or similar device.

Tin foil hat time. :lol:

Then we have the development of the proposed 'brics reserve currency' which is the most terryfying monster for the sec in America, the IMF and the european central bank among many others, the brics system directly aims to 'dedollarize' the global financial system as most countries hold their monetary reserves in the dollar.

brics currency is made up of the Brazilian Real, the Russian Ruble, the Indian Rupee, the Chinese yuan, the South African Rand

Apologies for the waffle!

i read that and lost the plot............ive been in this world too long i think............i think you need an IQ of over 120 just to navigate your way thro the day...i nearly had diarroea reading that.........

i know what a lesbin is and a homosexual is and  £'s /-'s and d's is and know what orinantation i am .........................thats enough for me ...nice and uncomplicated....

proberly said enough to be put away for 5 years......which aint so bad cause i will have access to the doctor and dentist :yahoo:

7 hours ago, 7daysinaweek said:

At present a move towards a cashless global society for all is currently being given serious consideration more than ever by the global powerhouses who make and also enforce the centralised financial legislation for a greater proportion of the globe. These are the international monetary fund (IMF), the world central bank, the world economic forum (WEF) and the financial action task force (FATF), oh and lets not forget the SEC in America. To this end many countries are considering the development of a 'central bank digital currency' (CBDC) which would be a cashless digital centralised currency. The bank of England is considering the benefits and risks to developing a cbdc digital pound. At present the pounds in your bank are numbers only, they are a promise to pay the bearer the demonination pounds in fiat currency, so that is in paper or coin if you drew it out of your account from the hole in the wall. Some of the proposed benefits of a cbdc would be faster border payment and reduce liquidity risks. The bank of England says if it rolls out a digital cbdc pound it would serve as a compliment to the traditional fiat system and not a repalcement at any time soon.

Sound great doesn't it?

Lots of questions need to be answered re privacy and who will increasingly have access and control of your money so let us wait and see what the proposals will be.

Central goverment and bank of England say we don't like your political ideology, account zapped at the press of a button  Just stop oil activists, insulate britain activists account zapped  As form of social control it may sound very, very far fetched , China has started using a digital yuan, not with great success but already proposing the ability to freeze and sanction cbdc accounts of individuals and groups it sees as unfavourable. It already has a social point scoring credit system that can affect the individuals ability to travel, gain employement and do business.

Could we see something like this used as a form of social control at some time in the future.

Link for bank of England cbdc

https://www.bankofengland.co.uk/research/digital-currencies#:~:text=to contact us-,What is central bank digital currency%3F,a computer or similar device.

Tin foil hat time. 

Then we have the development of the proposed 'brics reserve currency' which is the most terryfying monster for the sec in America, the IMF and the european central bank among many others, the brics system directly aims to 'dedollarize' the global financial system as most countries hold their monetary reserves in the dollar.

brics currency is made up of the Brazilian Real, the Russian Ruble, the Indian Rupee, the Chinese yuan, the South African Rand

Apologies for the waffle!

I was reading about similar only a few days ago. The control and ability to control that digital money would give banks/ governments etc is undeniable and dangerous. The example used was carbon footprint, to many flights booked…..no more flights for you sir. To much diesel/petrol purchased. No more travelling by car/van/motorcycle for you mate! One to many pints on a Friday night…..your an alcoholic…..we will nip that in the bud. To many sugary products purchased….vegetables only for the rest of the month. 

This one I thought up just now……you had the audacity to complain on pigeon watch that the governments and banks are controlling your money/spending……. Oooops, we hit the wrong button. Unfortunately you are now bankrupt 🤷‍♂️

we currently have the ability to turn digital numbers into actual money(promises to pay)taking that away and putting all of the control into computers/devices or more to the point the people controlling said devices in my opinion is a dangerous game to play. 

1 hour ago, Walker570 said:

I am very glad I am the age I am, when the pound in your pocket meant something.

Tell yer what would be a job Walker, if the pound was no longer in your pocket and everything was done with a flick of a card , How would you get on at the end of a shooting day and you go in the game larder to receive your brace of birds , what do you put in the keepers hand when it is time for the golden hand shake ? , I know our ole keeper still thought we were in pounds shillings and pence up until a few years ago , and as for on line banking , I don't think he ever had a bank account :lol: