“Beardo”

shaun4860

I’m absolutely devastated!

I met him here on PW all those years ago and we became good friends since.

The most kindest, caring bloke you could ever meet. 

We shared many a day in the pigeon hide together. And many a night out foxing and rabbiting.

Was with him when he shot his first muntjac and wild boar over in Croatia 

Roomed with him on all the many PW meets, much to his annoyance, as I’ve been known to use his bag as a toilet on a few occasions😂

He will be sorely missed😢

RIP mate ❤️

Shocked to hear this sad news, I first met Beardo many years ago through this forum, a really nice guy, I remember taking him pigeon shooting on my patch on a cold Winters day on some rape, got him set up under a small oak tree before first light with the deeks spread out nicely, I said, just wait until it gets properly light, you'll have a bit of sport.!

Anyway, I got set up on another block of rape nearby, and as it got light, sure enough, the birds piled in, and we were bouncing them back and forth for the first hour, barrels getting hot, and birds coming in right, left, and centre.

I then noticed the birds still pouring into Beardo's set up, but no shots forthcoming.? I checked through the binos and saw him standing up, waving at the birds dropping in as if to scare them away.?

I got him on the phone and asked if there was a problem, he said, "I've run out of cartridges, I only brought 3 boxes, I thought that would be plenty"

He was so apologetic, and spent the next hour or so trying to push the birds my way.

Rest in peace Nick, I know the pigeons around St Albans won't miss you, but a good few pub going music lovers in St Albans will.

Cat.😎