Stupid instructions

Townie

last year there was a similar thread...........there is a small spa shop in Lingwood  that i used to shop at....bought a bag of potatoes and ...yup.....on the back it said 

"contains potatoes".........................well **** my old boots :lol:...no **** shylock

2 hours ago, Townie said:

I've just opened a bar of soap. Printed on the packaging:

'Directions: wet hands, create lather and then rinse off'

Do people really need to be told how to wash their hands? Honestly...

Yes, unfortunately they do these days!   :w00t:

Semi-related to the topic. If you actually read the legal agreement for any apple software (like iTunes), it contains the below text:

“You also agree that you will not use these products for any purposes prohibited by United States law, including, without limitation, the development, design, manufacture, or production of nuclear, missile, or chemical or biological weapons“

I guess they have to cover all bases these days.

But ... a - 16 yr old lad was sent to us for work experience and he couldn't  tie up his boot laces.  I joke you not  16 going on 17 and he couldn't tie up his boot laces. !!!  I don't know if he could wash his hands himself or whether mum did it for him.!

Edited by Minky

Yeah...but people are idiots. And it's not just limited to those reading the instructions. Occasionally those giving the instructions need their heads examine.

My dentist once said to me 'okay and bite down...' I paused, thinking '...er really?' then bit down. And bit her finger. 

Edited by chrisjpainter

1 minute ago, JohnfromUK said:

One of my Berettas has engraved on the barrels "Warning: read instruction manual for safe operation".  I rather hope that people using firearms don't have to "read the instruction manual" to be safe!

For the AMERICAN market where LITIGATION rules.   :rolleyes:

2 minutes ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

For the AMERICAN market where LITIGATION rules.   

It has always been a great source of irritation when cleaning the gun.  Since (to the best of my recollection) the gun came with no instructions (it is one of only two guns I have ever bought new) it's all a bit stupid!  I still have the plastic 'everyday' case and the posh leather case that came with it with all the cleaning kit etc still there unused (I have a set of fully assembled rods beside my cabinet ready to use) - but no 'instruction manual'.

1 minute ago, JohnfromUK said:

It has always been a great source of irritation when cleaning the gun.  Since (to the best of my recollection) the gun came with no instructions (it is one of only two guns I have ever bought new) it's all a bit stupid!  I still have the plastic 'everyday' case and the posh leather case that came with it with all the cleaning kit etc still there unused (I have a set of fully assembled rods beside my cabinet ready to use) - but no 'instruction manual'.

Yes, I am sure you are coping admirably without further instruction.

I actually keep my cleaning rods in one of the cabinets.

Keeps the dust off the long brushes and any light oil in the atmosphere of the cabinet floats to all of the guns.

Just now, TIGHTCHOKE said:

Keeps the dust off the long brushes

I have 'caps' over the brushes.  Made from standard copper water pipe (it's a 12 bore set) with pennies soldered in one end to make a slide on cap/cover.  Also stops the brushes getting crushed 'out of round' as so often happens.  I use a sachet of some magic Napier(?) vapour stuff in the cabinet which seems to work well.

On 08/04/2023 at 17:12, Imperfection said:

When you read the warning instructions from a set of Superman pajamas and it reads 'this garment does not enable the user to fly'-you start to question if common sense is actually common.

thank you soooo much for pointing that out to me......the reason im still alive is that i live in a bungalow