Guy Gibsons dogs grave

wisdom

so we are bending over backwards to help these incomers...who have more rights than us .....and they just continue to bend us over a barrel and give it to us up the funderment......and laugh..................and we do nothing

they are bit by bit destroying our history and communities......

this is not going to end well................and it will be all ourfault as usual

As i qouted in a previous thread the cities  / towns  Blackpool Whitehaven Blackburn and street names to name a few will be changed because of their * racist * tones to the ungrateful people coming to abuse our hospitality

3 hours ago, wisdom said:

The dogs name was not offensive at the time.

I suspect a certain part of the population would disagree on that. I don't agree with this trying to change history to fit modern values but it has always been offensive and always used in such a way. 

1 hour ago, 39TDS said:

I suspect a certain part of the population would disagree on that. I don't agree with this trying to change history to fit modern values but it has always been offensive and always used in such a way. 

This. FWIW Gibson was not well liked by some of his Squadron. But the dog was called N***** that's also fact. It is as it is.

In or out of its time the word is offensive and demeans those it refers to and those that use it.

But equally to expunge it rather than to leave it in place but also contextualise is also offensive as it removes the "wrong" and hides it rather than confronting it and challenging it.

That, removing it rather than confronting it, is the narrative of "out of sight is out of mind".

A cowardly response that lacks the courage to challenge. When instead it should be saying this is X and X while of its time was wrong then and is wrong now.

My late mother recalls dancing with Guy Gibson when he was based at RAF Woodhall Spa.

14 minutes ago, Mr grumpy said:

If it is so offensive.why can black people call each other ******(and they do, because I work with several). what a load of bunkum.

This^^^^^

The word should be either used by none (which is my stance), or allowed to be used by all. Not pick and choose who can use it.

It creates the very thing they claim to be against, a two tiered society.

7 hours ago, 39TDS said:

If it's that offensive then Why is it used in every rap song going and in films years after this offensive dog died?!?

Baffles me to how it's offense when it suits.

I read an article in the Daily Mail last night about this. Couldn't believe that they never once mentioned the dogs name. All they said was it was used as a code word for success in the raids and was  ' a racial slur'.

I don't know why people want to change history and try to hide the parts of it that might be offensive nearly 100 years later.

It is once again a matter brought to prominence by a small vocal minority who go through life 'looking to be offended'.

In my working life I have worked with people of many ethnic make ups and skin tones.  It passes them by.  They just get on with life and the past is in the past.

In a slightly similar case, someone (commentator or invited 'celebrity' - I don't know which as I had never heard the name before) on the TV watching the Coronation was going on about why the party on the balcony at Buckingham Palace were all white faces!  What did she expect?  She knew it was a 'family photo' and knows who is in the family.  Why make a big issue on TV about it?  Again - 'looking to be offended'.

12 hours ago, ditchman said:

so we are bending over backwards to help these incomers...who have more rights than us .....and they just continue to bend us over a barrel and give it to us up the funderment......and laugh..................and we do nothing

they are bit by bit destroying our history and communities......

this is not going to end well................and it will be all ourfault as usual

They are on a roll now and there is very little anyone can do to stop it, people have been brainwashed into feeling guilty should they speak out about such matters.

As you say, they are slowly destroying our way of life and our history.