Grass

billytheghillie

Far too wet at the moment, happy to wait until I can get on to the grass when it has dried out a bit.

Then I will cut at the highest setting and start to weed and feed to kill the moss and encourage new grass.

Edited by TIGHTCHOKE
Attention to detail.

48 minutes ago, enfieldspares said:

the grass is harmed if just cut and that night a hard frost?

I have also heard that, but never seen any evidence of it myself. 

This year we have barely had a frost .............. but the council have been spreading copious amounts of salt everywhere to the extent it kills the grass verges and the once abundant daffodils therein are now struggling to survive. 

11 hours ago, Mice! said:

That should be an Autumn job.

I can only just walk on mine in places, not a chance I could mow it.

There's two times of the year you can Scarify your lawn Autumn or just now but the big difference is the type of feed you put on after scarifying it , In Autumn a more root feed one just now nitrogen to boost the grass to grow

Our lawns have needed a  topcut for several weeks but the rain has been  pretty constant.   The weather has been very  mild this far southeast and the grass on the rear south facing lawn was 3..4 inches and it just wasn't drying out.  So Yesterday was really quite warm in the sun and I managed to get the strimmer on the grass with a long line.  That was fairly tough. I then raked it with the spring time rake and dumped it in the garden bin.  After this I got the small rotary with the plastic deck set up high and went over the front and rear lawns. Really needed a week of sunshine. 

Ps. I don't need any  fertiliser on the grass or else  it would need the long reach hedge cutter on it.

I

Edited by Minky