Could you self isolate?

Davyo

I couldnt, me and the other half have had a go at staying in for just one day.I can tell you now after 2 hours I'm ready to top myself.I have since retired to the man shed to see if this contant muffled wining clears my head.When her backs turned I'm sneaking out on the bike.

My excuse will be 'will lycra protect me for Corvid19?'

Edited by Davyo

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My parents are self-isolating, we are all staying away. 

Some may think this is a joke but they have other health conditions. 

My friends who are Doctors have been giving the small information they are getting from the Government.

The criteria for admission to hospital is going to be very high, possibly an age limit and no pre-existing conditions. 

My mate has had the flu (possibly Corona) and he said he phoned 111 as he’s never been so ill in all his life, bed bound for last 7 days unable to move, they told him to stay at home, don’t come to the GP’s, don’t come into hospital, and if it all feels like it’s getting too much, don’t bother phoning an ambulance. He said it basically felt like he had to die at home alone quietly. 

Edited by Lloyd90

1 minute ago, Lloyd90 said:

My friends who are Doctors have been giving the small information they are getting from the Government.

The criteria for admission to hospital is going to be very high, possibly an age limit and no pre-existing conditions. 

My mate has had the flu (possibly Corona) and he said he phoned 111 as he’s never been so ill in all his wife, bed bound for last 7 days unable to move, they told him to stay at home, don’t come to the GP’s, don’t come into hospital, and if it all feels like it’s getting too much, don’t bother phoning an ambulance. He said it basically felt like he had to die at home alone quietly. 

YEP!

59 minutes ago, Davyo said:

I couldnt, me and the other half have had a go at staying in for just one day.I can tell you now after 2 hours I'm ready to top myself.I have since retired to the man shed to see if this contant muffled wining clears my head.When her backs turned I'm sneaking out on the bike.

My excuse will be 'will lycra protect me for Corvid19?'

Surely, if you are on your bike, you are self isolated? You are not within 2 metres of other people unless you are riding in a peloton.

easy peasy............do it standing on my head........already been doing it for more than 10  years............demetia carer...........everybody treats you as you have black death.......

im off to the shed now to make some venterlators...............

oh by the way ......................the Bath Half marathon.........was that a good idea...........huffing and puffing and sweating  .........and gobbing out spit thro the streets of Bath.........

I have been  doing so more or less for the last 6 to 8 months , I have  chronic  fatigue syndrome.  Been bad most of last year , one cold or virus  after another , not been in a shop for ages . 

When we go shopping  I stay in the car . Use plenty of the hand cleaner stuff . Started to enjoy some day time tv . If get a bit bored we go out for a drive and take a flask . Enjoy a bit if facebook , have friends on there . I suppose I enjoy my own company . And me and my good lady get on well . Have two lovely dogs , enjoy spending my time with them . Just got a new air pistol , will be playing with that in the garden when it's a bit warmer . Get lots of my needs online . I have had it for 25 years , and last year was the worst ever . Plus I hit the big 70 in December  . 

1 hour ago, Lloyd90 said:

My mate has had the flu (possibly Corona) and he said he phoned 111....don’t come into hospital, and if it all feels like it’s getting too much, don’t bother phoning an ambulance..

Quite. Helps keeps the number of cases down. If he's not tested he can't become a statistic.

Normal life in Saudi is like being locked down anyway, so no change here. The only difference is an added work load to adapt courses to online teaching and no students to look at. 

7 minutes ago, johnphilip said:

I have been  doing so more or less for the last 6 to 8 months , I have  chronic  fatigue syndrome.  Been bad most of last year , one cold or virus  after another , not been in a shop for ages . 

When we go shopping  I stay in the car . Use plenty of the hand cleaner stuff . Started to enjoy some day time tv . If get a bit bored we go out for a drive and take a flask . Enjoy a bit if facebook , have friends on there . I suppose I enjoy my own company . And me and my good lady get on well . Have two lovely dogs , enjoy spending my time with them . Just got a new air pistol , will be playing with that in the garden when it's a bit warmer . Get lots of my needs online . I have had it for 25 years , and last year was the worst ever . Plus I hit the big 70 in December  . 

hello, sorry to hear that John but it is nice you can get out together with your Dogs and enjoy the countryside, oh never without my flask/s

hello, anymore than a day or 2 i get fresh air withdrawal symptoms:good:

17 minutes ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

hello, sorry to hear that John but it is nice you can get out together with your Dogs and enjoy the countryside, oh never without my flask/s

hello, anymore than a day or 2 i get fresh air withdrawal symptoms:good:

I live in the middle of nowhere  the main road is well over a mile away  , 3/4  of a mile the other way  I am down to my own small beach , never realy see anyone there . We get on well with the farmer we rent of . When I think back , my father  was a bit of a loner  enjoyed his garden his dogs and a pipe  of tobacco,  in his retirement  he worked till he was 68 . Need to find a picture were I live .

1 minute ago, johnphilip said:

I live in the middle of nowhere  the main road is well over a mile away  , 3/4  of a mile the other way  I am down to my own small beach , never realy see anyone there . We get on well with the farmer we rent of . When I think back , my father  was a bit of a loner  enjoyed his garden his dogs and a pipe  of tobacco,  in his retirement  he worked till he was 68 . Need to find a picture were I live .

hello, sounds lovely John,

2 hours ago, Lloyd90 said:

My mate has had the flu (possibly Corona) and he said he phoned 111 as he’s never been so ill in all his life, bed bound for last 7 days unable to move, they told him to stay at home, don’t come to the GP’s, don’t come into hospital, and if it all feels like it’s getting too much, don’t bother phoning an ambulance. He said it basically felt like he had to die at home alone quietly. 

Could be the real world in the UK?

We did think of going down to the wood. Only snag with that is the bulk of our food supply is frozen in a large catering freezer at home. Only got a small fridge at the wood. Decided to stay put at home. Got plenty of food in as always and just topped up the pet food.

We only have our Granddaughter before or after school a few days a week, so going to help our Daughter out with the cost of before and after school club.

OH is diabetic and I have a heart problem, so staying out of circulation for a bit.

Got plenty of hobbies to be getting on with that can be done at home.

2 hours ago, Lloyd90 said:

And there was I thinking there was legislation to protect people against age discrimination..........?

if the worst came to it I would wander into A&E and say "I've got Coronavirus". Irresponsible? No doubt. But the will to live is the force of Self preservation.

Don't think any of us will have a choice if it's required, I'd say it's every single person's public duty if it's called for.

2 minutes ago, Bobba said:

And there was I thinking there was legislation to protect people against age discrimination..........?

if the worst came to it I would wander into A&E and say "I've got Coronavirus". Irresponsible? No doubt. But the will to live is the force of Self preservation.

I don't know if it's be on age as much as individual situation. It's be basic triage, giving the best chance of life, it's already done on the battlefield or major incidents

2 minutes ago, Bobba said:

If you had it so bad that you required hospitalisation, you would not be able to stand up, let alone walk anywhere. 

Even if you did manage to make it into hospital, what do you think they would do? 

They don’t have enough machines to put everyone on them. Haven’t you seen what happened in Italy? Again they had to prioritise those most likely to survive, anyone over 65 or other health conditions they didn’t bother trying to incubate.

One doctor has posted where she sat with patient after patient, FaceTiming their families so they could say goodbye before they died.  

Ive spoken to several nurses who were in Uni with me. All the hospitals are in panic because they don’t have the equipment or anywhere near enough supplies to treat people. 

16 minutes ago, old man said:

Could be the real world in the UK?

Huh? Sorry don’t get it. 

23 minutes ago, 12gauge82 said:

I don't know if it's be on age as much as individual situation. It's be basic triage, giving the best chance of life, it's already done on the battlefield or major incidents

They already use age to determine a lot of things in medicine. 

Who get the transplant that’s needed? The young person who will get a great benefit, or the old person who is nearing end of life anyway? 

I see a lot of older people in hospital, often they stop treatment and say it would be unfair to keep treating.