Police Action

Danger-Mouse

9 minutes ago, Vince Green said:

The thing is you don't NEED to take your dog to the park by car. Its not complicated

Totally agree,  this is likely individuals driving there so the dogs get a good run, I'm surprised the gates to the park are open really,  close the gates job done.

I was talking to a chap who's kids are in my daughter's class across the river today,  asking what's going on in the outside world, seems like weeks since I went out.

• Replies 360
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Lets hope the police can put some things in perspective if they see what happens when vermin are left alone to wreak their damage when someone could be hundreds of yards away from anyone else while stopping crows from attacking sheep that cannot escape while birthing. The crow pecks out the sheep's eyes - then nips round the back to peck out the new born's eyes too.

We are going to need our home grown food supplies as we come through this pandemic.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=864130700677369&set=gm.2637695999844853&type=3&eid=ARDb0GmyuNU4A0qq3d91p83QrTbbO6UDp1_7wW65sL5dqwHswc-b5s4rjCHrLXrCcGREz9N-r8R4Wu6W

14 hours ago, 12gauge82 said:

What motorway was that, sounds a bit suspect, to block an entire motorway and ask every driver would be a mammoth task, even with the reduced lock down traffic.

M90 thursday  dont surprise me , the police starting to flex there muscles , its all over Fife Jammers 

Only good thing the campus wont be invaded by Gypsys this year as a stop over on there way north 

Wonder how many drives wont be getting retard  that need it LOL 

1 hour ago, Bigbob said:

M90 thursday  dont surprise me , the police starting to flex there muscles , its all over Fife Jammers 

Only good thing the campus wont be invaded by Gypsys this year as a stop over on there way north 

Cheers for that 👍

On 31/03/2020 at 22:36, Vince Green said:

Well I want to say, at the present time and with the present situation I support the police 100%

they have been told to enforce the lockdown and I personally don't care who they upset doing it. Everybody seems to think they have some god given  exemption and they haven't

stay at home means stay at home. No ifs no buts

They say the police are being heavy handed, well get used to it, they might just save your life.

A police state? Get real! I have lived in New York State. You don't mess with a State Trooper. no such thing as PACE in America

I'm with you 100% Vince.

A lot of selfish idiot's need a shock here.

Some people have no idea about the lives of others and are toohappy to throw stones. For some getting outdoors is as essential as staying indoors is for others. I accept that there are some taking the michael but lets not judge all others by our own narrow standards. 

1 hour ago, oowee said:

Some people have no idea about the lives of others and are toohappy to throw stones. For some getting outdoors is as essential as staying indoors is for others. I accept that there are some taking the michael but lets not judge all others by our own narrow standards. 

The head of Tourism in Cornwall has criticised Airbnb for still advertising and taking bookings for accommodation in Cornwall despite the lockdown. People with kids off school and "working from home" are still pouring into the County causing a huge amount of bad feeling.

Yep thats not right, not right at all. 

7 minutes ago, Vince Green said:

The head of Tourism in Cornwall has criticised Airbnb for still advertising and taking bookings for accommodation in Cornwall despite the lockdown. People with kids off school and "working from home" are still pouring into the County causing a huge amount of bad feeling.

3 minutes ago, Vince Green said:

But Cornwall is considered safer and lower risk, if its your family and you can get a cottage  for £200 per week because the owners are discounting it. What would you do?

the cottage owners need clamping down on immediately putting lives at risk for a few quid disgusting 

Not on here specifically, but on a few forums I've been reading people's "reasons" why they are so important the rules shouldn't apply to them and they should be allowed to do this, or do that.

You aren't. My health, my family's health and the population's health trumps anyone's hobby.

On 03/04/2020 at 21:19, Old farrier said:

So is it better for me to take my dogs Pick up my mates dogs in the truck and give them a good run then take them back and put them in the kennel or should there be 2 people out with the dogs in the same place 

899A891D-1B1F-402E-8FA3-D8E25902771B.jpeg

Why are you going to your mates house? just walk you dogs by your house, your journey to your mate's house is not essential travel,your journey to a field to exercise your dogs is not essential travel, it puts you and your mate at risk which could be avoided.

There's a lot of wannabe Hitlers around at the moment who think they know other peoples' lives better than them.  It seems some people can't wait for the opportunity to tell other people what they should or shouldn't be doing.

I've said it before and will probably say it again before long - some people will look back on these times with utter shame at the things they have said and done.

It costs nothing to respect other people. We're all licenced and trusted to own firearms, so at least let's trust that each of us has enough common sense both to understand how a virus is spread, and mitigate against it to minimise the risks.

Another thing I've said before - the utter stupidity displayed in densely populated urban areas is in stark contrast to those of us in rural locations whose dog walk is actually a trip out into the proper countryside.  It's the cities that are the main problem in spreading the virus and flouting the rules.

Take the jack boots off and stick them up your self important backside

Edited by Jim Neal

8 hours ago, welsh1 said:

Why are you going to your mates house? just walk you dogs by your house, your journey to your mate's house is not essential travel,your journey to a field to exercise your dogs is not essential travel, it puts you and your mate at risk which could be avoided.

He’s just had a knee operation and walking with a frame 

im doing his shopping as well 

8 hours ago, Jim Neal said:

There's a lot of wannabe Hitlers around at the moment who think they know other peoples' lives better than them.  It seems some people can't wait for the opportunity to tell other people what they should or shouldn't be doing.

I've said it before and will probably say it again before long - some people will look back on these times with utter shame at the things they have said and done.

It costs nothing to respect other people. We're all licenced and trusted to own firearms, so at least let's trust that each of us has enough common sense both to understand how a virus is spread, and mitigate against it to minimise the risks.

Another thing I've said before - the utter stupidity displayed in densely populated urban areas is in stark contrast to those of us in rural locations whose dog walk is actually a trip out into the proper countryside.  It's the cities that are the main problem in spreading the virus and flouting the rules.

Surely the "self-important" ones are the ones who think they are exempt from basic rules because the have an FAC which makes them virology experts?

Edited by walshie

21 hours ago, Bigbob said:

Love the Freudian slip!:rolleyes:

9 hours ago, clangerman said:

the cottage owners need clamping down on immediately putting lives at risk for a few quid disgusting 

So you do understand some parts of the lockdown then?

12 hours ago, Vince Green said:

But Cornwall is considered safer and lower risk, if its your family and you can get a cottage  for £200 per week because the owners are discounting it. What would you do?

That's exactly the point. It's considered safer and lower risk...... At this moment in time. The last thing Cornwall needs is a bunch of contaminated morons taking the virus there.

On 31/03/2020 at 18:08, mgsontour said:

Well said

Before this started we where told Police only have the money for serious emergency calls 

At work we where skyping a American university and they couldn't believe that police aren't first responders now   it may take them 30 minutes to four hour to respond to a call 

1 hour ago, Bobba said:

That's exactly the point. It's considered safer and lower risk...... At this moment in time. The last thing Cornwall needs is a bunch of contaminated morons taking the virus there.

And none of those emmets could have been very sensibly distanced from everyone else and will continue to do so in a less populated area. :ermm:

12 hours ago, Jim Neal said:

Well said Jim, I agree on all points. Been wanting to say similar for ages, but I fear my post count might actually count against me 🤔😝

I have said on another reply of mine somewhere,,,, that there are so many different circumstances in everyone's life, but still people base their opinions and feelings on their own circumstances, without thinking of the bigger picture,,, IMHO 😉

Respect and good health to everyone 👍

17000 people on average die from seasonal flu every year in this country , 95 % of them over 70,  in 2015 , the butchers bill was 28,000 , I dont remember any lockdowns for that.

This is NOT seasonal flu. My son's mother...who is a nurse...sent me this by email:

You should afford going outside unnecessarily, I only go to work and back to home. This virus is very dangerous as it is also wiping out healthy  and younger people with no underlying problem. The likelihood of me getting the Coronavirus is mostly from work.

The prime issue is distancing ourselves from as many other people as possible - or practical. A family or couple will mostly find that too impractical. There is still a hardcore of people who simply cannot fathom the distance aspect, which will mostly occur in built up areas.

There will be much more distancing possible out in the countryside - particularly if public footpaths can be avoided. Most members of this forum for example will have permission and an almost unique justification to sensibly avoid those public footpaths.

Edited by Dave-G