Demonstrations in london

TRINITY

2 hours ago, Nuke said:

A police that suffocates a subdued person without reason needs to be removed from his work and thrown into jail

Exactly, rather than be completely exonerated, given a bonus, and keep his job.... Oh wait... 

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

28 minutes ago, Rewulf said:

Exactly, rather than be completely exonerated, given a bonus, and keep his job.... Oh wait... 

Which would probably have been the case if not for the film and the protests.

/Markus

3 hours ago, Nuke said:

It wasnt the policemans wife he threatened right? A police that suffocates a subdued person without reason needs to be removed from his work and thrown into jail.

It doesnt matter what the subdued person was arrested for, killing a defenceless person is always wrong.

/Markus 

The person in question HAS been removed from his work and is indeed in jail. 
I think the suggestion ( as your post implies ) that the killing of the victim was a deliberate act, is ridiculous. Think about it. 

1 hour ago, johnphilip said:

Do you care to explain what you are talking about ??????? , or more to the point do you know what your talking about ?????

https://greatgameindia.com/george-floyd-criminal/

His actual record is in this article.

I'm not defending the guy but he was a petty criminal with a drug problem - or an addict with a crime problem. Whatever. In any event he was never accused of being an accessory to rape.

Let's not get carried away and invent stuff. 

8 minutes ago, Retsdon said:

I'm not defending the guy but he was a petty criminal with a drug problem

I hope 5 men never break into your house, point a gun at you point blank, beat you , rob you..and then someone refers to them as a 'petty criminal' :no:

Just now, Rewulf said:

I hope 5 men never break into your house, point a gun at you point blank, beat you , rob you..and then someone refers to them as a 'petty criminal' :no:

I agree that is not a petty crime, in any culture I would hope.

I believe that Retsdon's point was calling out a false statement that someone inserted into an otherwise factual comment.

Regardless of whether or not the false insertion was deliberate or accidental it's a proven technique that people, including the media, use to dramatise / reinforce their point and hit the bullseye in stirring people's sensitivities, emotions and maybe even biases.

People do it on here all the time too...

He was part of a gang that forced their way into someone's house looking for drugs and cash. Who would do that? Not a career criminal anyway.

But I never said he was a good bloke. All I said was that he wasnt a rapist. It's interesting though that you apparently have a bigger issue with my correction of that fact than with the original falsehood.

1 minute ago, Retsdon said:

But I never said he was a good bloke. All I said was that he wasnt a rapist. It's interesting though that you apparently have a bigger issue with my correction of that fact than with the original falsehood.

I havent commented on the rape allegation, as I havent seen any evidence to back it up, but then I dont live in the States, and NBI might have a different source other than the MSN.
I cant see it really matters in this scenario, unless Mr Floyd decides to sue ?

1 minute ago, Raja Clavata said:

A truly unbelievable post given previous warnings from the mods 🙄

Congrats in advance.

Agreed , ridiculous :no:

21 minutes ago, Retsdon said:

I'm not defending the guy but he was a petty criminal with a drug problem - or an addict with a crime problem. Whatever. In any event he was never accused of being an accessory to rape.

It always amazes  me when people say something 

Like you have just written  " I'm  not defending the guy "   BUT  . To me it means you are you hear it said so often , I knew of his crimes , hence  , that is why I asked to to explain yourself . In hope you may understand how bad he realy was  . He would still be alive today . But for his actions.  And now what are we seeing a cross the world people using it as a excuse to stir up more hatred  . 

1 hour ago, Retsdon said:

No he wasn’t.  She was sexually assaulted during the robbery but not by him.  He wore police uniform and got her to open the door.  Then his five friends ran in the house and they robbed it.  He plead guilty and got 5 years for armed robbery  in return they did not charge him with anything else.  But I think once to point a gun at a pregnant women’s belly you crossed the line from petty criminal. 

Edited by NoBodyImportant

I've not seen nor heard of any comment about how stationary Floyd was during his entire apprehension, arrest and death.

Videos I've seen show he seems to have needed help getting out of his car and help to flop down against a wall. Then there seems to be a lack of video till we see him stationary again, with police 'on' him but he's not struggled in any video I have seen.

Call me loopy if you like but I think he was so overdosed that he was in the process of dying peacefully. At no time did I see any hint of a struggle the only movement was from his mouth. If someone was strangling almost anyone they would at least show some kind of muscle movement - particularly such a big bloke.

13 minutes ago, Dave-G said:

I've not seen nor heard of any comment about how stationary Floyd was during his entire apprehension, arrest and death.

Videos I've seen show he seems to have needed help getting out of his car and help to flop down against a wall. Then there seems to be a lack of video till we see him stationary again, with police 'on' him but he's not struggled in any video I have seen.

Call me loopy if you like but I think he was so overdosed that he was in the process of dying peacefully. At no time did I see any hint of a struggle the only movement was from his mouth. If someone was strangling almost anyone they would at least show some kind of muscle movement - particularly such a big bloke.

There is a section of video showing him cuffed, but struggling against the officers trying to put him in the car. Then once in the car there seems to be some sort of struggle again. Then he is out of the car again. So he wasn’t being completely compliant. 

I struggle with the people stood by saying ‘he’s not moving’ ‘check for a pulse’. And the officers do nothing. But also the onlookers do nothing. If I genuinely thought a guy was being killed in front of me, I’d take action. Even running at the cop, he would have had to move to react to me, and that could have been enough...

As I understand from one of the first news report, the officers called EMS (ambulance) in the first instance as he appeared to be suffering a medical episode.

The truth will come out in due course but the media is spoon feeding snippets and fanning the flames.

f.

4 minutes ago, southeastpete said:

There is a section of video showing him cuffed, but struggling against the officers trying to put him in the car. Then once in the car there seems to be some sort of struggle again. Then he is out of the car again. So he wasn’t being completely compliant. 

I struggle with the people stood by saying ‘he’s not moving’ ‘check for a pulse’. And the officers do nothing. But also the onlookers do nothing. If I genuinely thought a guy was being killed in front of me, I’d take action. Even running at the cop, he would have had to move to react to me, and that could have been enough...

Hmm, that'd get you shot in America.

1 minute ago, Dave-G said:

Only if I’m black..?

none of the police had weapons drawn, didn’t seem that tense yet. A few steps round the fat Asian officer and the one with his knee on the neck would have had to move. Then you can stop with hands raised...

2 hours ago, Scully said:

The person in question HAS been removed from his work and is indeed in jail. 
I think the suggestion ( as your post implies ) that the killing of the victim was a deliberate act, is ridiculous. Think about it. 

If it wasnt it was a very ignorant act.

/Markus

I find the whole situation particularly in the UK ridiculous, due to a number of facts.

1 what has someone being murdered (or not)  by the police in America got to do with us in the UK, so why are idiots smashing London up?

2 What has any of this got to do with race, without knowing all the facts, it appears that one bad cop has killed another bad human, he will have to explain his actions in court. What evidence at all is it to do with race? And even if his actions were motivated by race, he is being punished for it, so why rage against the system. 

I think there are alot of misguided people out there who simply believe all this racism exists that doesn't. I can honestly say, in all my years, I haven't seen a single example of racism in a normal setting. The UK is one of the most tolerant countries on the planet. All this action is doing is driving a wedge between people based on colour, a wedge that never existed until idiots caused it by highlighting a (possible, remember innocent until guilty) murder as a racist conspiracy by the entire western world, what a load of rubbish!

Edited by 12gauge82

1 hour ago, NoBodyImportant said:

No he wasn’t.  She was sexually assaulted during the robbery but not by him.  He wore police uniform and got her to open the door.  Then his five friends ran in the house and they robbed it.  He plead guilty and got 5 years for armed robbery  in return they did not charge him with anything else.  But I think once to point a gun at a pregnant women’s belly you crossed the line from petty criminal. 

I've no idea how armed robbery can be classed as petty in the first place.

30 minutes ago, Dave-G said:

I imagine so, no matter what your colour. 

@Retsdon so what punishment would someone in Saudi be expecting for Armed robbery dressed as a police officer?

Or the drug offences??

Just now, 12gauge82 said:

I think there are alot of misguided people out there who simply believe all this racism exists that doesn't. I can honestly say, in all my years, I haven't seen a single example of racism in a normal setting. The UK is one of the most tolerant countries on the planet. All this action is doing is driving a wedge between people based on colour, a wedge that never existed until idiots caused it by highlighting a (possible, remember innocent until guilty) murder as a racist conspiracy by the entire western world, what a load of rubbish!

I was confident we were finally going to agree on something and this, oh well, never mind.

8 minutes ago, Raja Clavata said:

I was confident we were finally going to agree on something and this, oh well, never mind.

I genuinely don't get what these people are going mad about, the only discrimination I see these days is called positive discretion where people get jobs over other suitability qualified people simply because they have a protected characteristics, I believe that is wrong and think it is just plain discrimination, nothing positive about it at all and only furthers driving wedges between people and highlighting difference based on colour, sexual orientation, gender ect, but even that's not all that widespread and doesn't really bother me.

Feel free to expand if you want to?

And don't worry, I'm sure we'll find some common ground eventually 😉

6 minutes ago, 12gauge82 said:

1 what has someone being murdered (or not)  by the police in America got to do with us in the UK, so why are idiots smashing London up?

Strictly - nothing.  They are smashing London (and other places) up just as other demonstrators/protesters/mob/thugs have done on other issues.  The issue is the excuse to make an attack on a society they see as 'alien to their way of thinking'

9 minutes ago, 12gauge82 said:

The UK is one of the most tolerant countries on the planet. All this action is doing is driving a wedge between people based on colour, a wedge that never existed until idiots caused it by highlighting a (possible, remember innocent until guilty) murder as a racist conspiracy by the entire western world

The UK is tolerant.  British Police, Law and Order and society is very tolerant and not (in my view) fundamentally racist .......... but there will be a few rotten apples and the likes of Tommy Robinson are (again my view) rotten to the core.

There is an equally rotten 'core' behind these demonstrations, or at least the violence and destruction that springs around them, which is there to attack society as a whole.  It is the same basic group of thugs who are in the background at all 'protest' tyoe events like Animal Rights, anti Hunting, anti Capitalist, anti Poll Tax, Extinction Rebellion - and a whole host of other 'pressure groups'.  Many groups are founded by well intentioned but rather unworldly people ....... and infiltrated by those who will use the platform to achieve their aim (which is basically to harm society as we know it and convert it to society as they want it) by violence.