Channel Migrants

ditchman

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

the one and only way to enter any country is through the official ports etc with the correct visas and passports.landing on beaches or in the back of a lorry does not cut it.even when we were slaves to the eu we could not enter another eu country without the relevent documents thats how free movement works for those who are part of it yet not for those outside of it 

34 minutes ago, bostonmick said:

the one and only way to enter any country is through the official ports etc with the correct visas and passports.landing on beaches or in the back of a lorry does not cut it.even when we were slaves to the eu we could not enter another eu country without the relevent documents thats how free movement works for those who are part of it yet not for those outside of it 

So i want to flee the fighting in Syria. First I apply for a passport, then a visa from the EU? 

Yes of course there will be economic migrants and we will need a robust system to sort them from the genuine refugees. Why not start with an allocation that we can accept, a well resourced reception facility in Europe (can't do that with this Govt too many slogan bleaters). A stated policy for who we will accept (can't do that with this Govt too many slogan bleaters). Strangely enough we are starting to do it for Ukraine so no reason why we cant do it for others. It will require lots of staff but that must be better than paying for lots of hotel rooms. 

The problem is not the refugees but the management of the problem. A govt driven by rhetoric rather than reality. 

26 minutes ago, oowee said:

So i want to flee the fighting in Syria. First I apply for a passport, then a visa from the EU? 

Yes of course there will be economic migrants and we will need a robust system to sort them from the genuine refugees. Why not start with an allocation that we can accept, a well resourced reception facility in Europe (can't do that with this Govt too many slogan bleaters). A stated policy for who we will accept (can't do that with this Govt too many slogan bleaters). Strangely enough we are starting to do it for Ukraine so no reason why we cant do it for others. It will require lots of staff but that must be better than paying for lots of hotel rooms. 

The problem is not the refugees but the management of the problem. A govt driven by rhetoric rather than reality. 

strangely enough i have a passport also other documents driving license.birth certificate etc but i never waited for war to get any.and on ukraine most men are staying to fight just getting their women and children out if they can some who are living in other countries are returning home to fight.how does that come anywhere near the scrounging wasters we get every day.perhaps we could offer these dinghy boys sanctuary here if they did say three years in our armed forces.i think there would be quite a good market for dinghys to go from dungeness to france then.

They are only sending them to Rwanda for processing. And it will be cheaper than putting them in hotels here from which they can abscond

The real problem is that without paperwork  its very hard to send them back to their home countries so we let them stay anyway.

When Israel started sending their illegals to another country for processing the number of people arriving without paperwork dropped dramatically 

31 minutes ago, oowee said:

7 hours ago, London Best said:

Two young (18) Muslims told me 40 years ago that the Muslim plan was to take over the country by infiltration and out-breeding us.

heard something similar to that.......but in a more agressive format........

8 hours ago, London Best said:

Two young (18) Muslims told me 40 years ago that the Muslim plan was to take over the country by infiltration and out-breeding us.

I recall Jimmy Young ( when what is now the Vine slot, and worth listening to ) asking a young Muslim rep’ what it was they were after, and being told they wouldn’t rest until a Muslim flag was flying outside No 10. I think J. Young replied something along the lines of ‘you’ll be waiting a long time’. 

48 minutes ago, redial said:

I think the latest saver for young males is to say I am LBGT. 

The 'magic' loophole, its long been a ploy of asylum seekers. 

"You can't send me back there, I'll be persecuted or killed for being gay" 

I see criticism of the suggested new procedure, but as ever, no better solution. Does anyone have a better idea - please spare me the robust system, without any detail. Whatever system we have, economic migrants, posing as refugees will be with us for many years. 

Some integrate and contribute, whereas others bring terrorism, criminality and a complete disregard for the law. The prison population bears testament to unfettered immigration.

1 hour ago, Rewulf said:

The 'magic' loophole, its long been a ploy of asylum seekers. 

"You can't send me back there, I'll be persecuted or killed for being gay" 

I suspect that card will be played almost every time so they don't get put on the plane - their legal team will coach them about what to say.

12 hours ago, oowee said:

The prison population bears testament to the flaws in our social structure. 

The high prison population bears testament to the prison structure itself.

No one fears it, or the justice system that might, if theyre extremely unlucky, put them there.

In this age , where real poverty simply doesnt exist, where there are chances of education for everyone to better themselves, there are people that CHOOSE crime, and criminal behaviour as a viable option within their life, they arent forced into it by anyone , there are cultural norms within certain demographics , but no one forces anyone into crime, and very few people are forced through circumstance.
These choices are made because of low detection rates, low prosecution rates, and woeful sentencing decisions, that if they do result in custodial sentencing, are in institutions that give little fear to offenders.
If anything , its a badge of honour , a rite of transition, and an indication that you are trusted, a face.

11 hours ago, Dave-G said:

I suspect that card will be played almost every time so they don't get put on the plane - their legal team will coach them about what to say.

Definitely.
Its also interesting that the UN has condemned the Rwanda option as being illegal.
Its a bit strange how it wasnt illegal when Israel did it ?

Its also interesting that the UK is considering it, when they know full well , that when Israel did it , every single one of them left Rwanda within a few months, many of them making their way to Europe....

Farage has predicted that this summer it wont be 1000 a day landing, but with the new ,bigger dinghies , its going to be 2000+ per day.
And the Rwanda option wont even be in place by then.

13 hours ago, oowee said:

The prison population bears testament to the flaws in our social structure. 

Funnily enough I don't know anyone in prison,  but I know two serving prison officers,  there not flaws they are more often choices,  but I will agree its going to be harder for some depending on where you are born.

12 hours ago, Dave-G said:

They shouldn't get any legal help unless they have identification,  no ID straight on the plane.

These people, these single young men, are not refugees (or at least when they depart from France of from Belgium they are not) they are economic migrants. They have chosen to not stay in France (or Belgium) but to attempt to cross into England.

And they attempt to do this partly because they were taught English in the schools they attended but mostly because they can easily find paying work in the black economy and "no questions asked" accommodation through the network that exists in England of previously entered "illegals" from their countries of origin,

They will not have passports because whilst they very well may have had them when they left those countries they will certainly have discarded them, or cached them somewhere, so that as is the law they cannot be deported as now having no passport they can claim to be nationals of a country on the blacklist where by convention individuals cannot be returned to, or claim to be younger than they truthfully are.

Thus those from Pakistan will claim to be Syrian for example, and those from other countries will claim to me minors. As they as minors know they also cannot be deported and additionally will be placed usually in children's homes from which they will then abscond.

Having said all that I begrudgingly accept that they do display a spirit of initiative and enterprise. A wish to make money to achieve "a better life" and all of that. All well and good but this is an abuse of the obligations of this country to those who truly are persecution or fear of worse.

And as such they, as economic migrants and not genuine refugees, have no place here for that reason and also for the additional reason that they make it harder (as said above) for those who are genuine to seek safety. They should not be allowed to succeed and if that means they go to Rwanda then let it be so. 

Edited by enfieldspares

perhaps the human rights brigade would be happier if these people were sent to say the maldeves or Caribbean for processing. be interesting to know how much it çosts in total to keep all of these people here each week.and then how that money could help some of our own