The storm (Eunice)

Minky

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 hours ago, chrisjpainter said:

Warm up stretches going on down here on the coast. I think we're supposed to have the worst of it around mid morning - gusts of up to 70mph. Portland Bill's got a chance of Force 11, but I bet there will still be some idiots who think it's a plan to go out on the sea. I can't imagine the RNLI are relishing the weather forecasts right now.

Like this one? 
https://apple.news/Ap9Uxe0eiQMKWlC8lgiIPbQ

It’s a storm.
Watching the news this morning you would think it was Armageddon and the Four Horse men were saddling up for the Apocalypse. 

Regional BBC news the other night even had ‘survival expert’ Ray Mears on the programme telling people what they should do and how to prepare. 

14 minutes ago, Scully said:

It’s a storm.
Watching the news this morning you would think it was Armageddon and the Four Horse men were saddling up for the Apocalypse. 

Regional BBC news the other night even had ‘survival expert’ Ray Mears on the programme telling people what they should do and how to prepare. 

Ray Nears.  Blimey,  he'll have to be careful that his fire don't get blown off down the road and catch fire to some old granny or something.!!!  We had an amount of rain overnight and it is a bit blowy but if there hadn't been all the ho,Ha on the news, it wouldn't notice from a lot of days at this time of year. Minky reporting from South west kent. Oh look up the sun has come out

17 minutes ago, Scully said:

It’s a storm.

Well I've just looked at the forecast,  it's going to rain 😅😅😅

Only problem is I'm having a kitchen delivered after 2pm, hoping there late by a good hour. 

As for the moment its grey, light breeze light rain.

1 hour ago, welsh1 said:

Been steadily getting worse here on the Pembrokeshire coast,the sea 500 yds down the hill has lots of white horses,it's going to get stronger.

Wasting all that wind,😄  get some washing on that line, your sheets will be dry in 5 minutes  

46 minutes ago, Scully said:

It’s a storm.

Exactly but the media have to over blow everything and since the '87 hurricane the weather folks don't want to get caught out again. Picking up here now peaking about mid day. just a good blow.

13 minutes ago, Walker570 said:

Exactly but the media have to over blow everything and since the '87 hurricane the weather folks don't want to get caught out again. Picking up here now peaking about mid day. just a good blow.

Just saying on the TV worst storm for 30 years?? I doubt it will be as bad as Arwen in November. 

Might put my big coat on to pop the shop 🤔 

Getting wetter here.

It is quite strange here.  By and large - nothing much to write home about - but occasionally quite fierce squalls - one of which blew my (heavy iron based) bird table over - the first time I can remember that happening in many years.  Good opportunity to find where the draughts in the house are coming from!