• Replies 9.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Rewulf said:

conduct the democratic will of the people, whilst giving Brussels the finger

The EEC/EU has always worked well for those who only conformed with the bits that suited them.  The French did it for years (probably still are doing it).

If Irish and French horses cant get here its hardly our problem - its theirs! Let them worry about it

But its never going to happen, the remainers' claims are just getting more desperate, which should tell you all you need to know.

I was listening to some plonker spokesman on the radio this morning saying we never voted to leave, we were just asked if we would like to. The sad thing is he really believes that 

Edited by Vince Green

4 hours ago, JohnfromUK said:

The EEC/EU has always worked well for those who only conformed with the bits that suited them.  The French did it for years (probably still are doing it).

I well remember years ago a senior French politician when questioned about the difference between France and the UK in relation to EU regulations. He replied that it was simple, France only took on ones that were of benift whereas the UK complied with everything and usually went further.

1 minute ago, old man said:

I well remember years ago a senior French politician when questioned about the difference between France and the UK in relation to EU regulations. He replied that it was simple, France only took on ones that were of benift whereas the UK complied with everything and usually went further.

That is exactly it.  Always been that way.

1 hour ago, Jaymo said:

Even I’m fed up of the ‘too’ing and throwing’ from both sides - need this sorted as the sliding pound is making me an unhappy bunny

That could be part of the desired scenario, some will be making money from this?

4 hours ago, Rewulf said:

Meanwhile in Italy.
https://www.express.co.uk/news/world/1008975/Matteo-Salvini-EU-migrant-standoff-Sicily-Italy

'Real' politicians conduct the democratic will of the people, whilst giving Brussels the finger ?

Now there's a man to vote for, we need someone with his backbone to sort the EU out and stop bowing to their stupid stance.

3 hours ago, Vince Green said:

If Irish and French horses cant get here its hardly our problem - its theirs! Let them worry about it

But its never going to happen, the remainers' claims are just getting more desperate, which should tell you all you need to know.

I was listening to some plonker spokesman on the radio this morning saying we never voted to leave, we were just asked if we would like to. The sad thing is he really believes that 

hands up who cares whether horses from abroad can get to the grand national???? Anyone???? Hardly the end of the world is it.

Just seen a vid on Face thingie with Aaron Banks talking to a select comitte about campaign spending.  Interesting watch. 

He talkes about the budgets on both sides. Remain spent twice as much and had bigger guns backing them. He also talks about strategies and says they early on chose to run on emotion and lead people up the garden path.  It sort of makes sense as Farage was quick to say that some things were untrue (such as the EU comtributions that would be spent  on the NHS as per the campaign  bus). Saying it was plainly never true and people should be cleaver enough to have worked it out.  

Banks also calls the press clever but ultimately  stupid as the desire to get a story means they can be easily guided.

At the end of the day Goverments will rise &fall as will organisations such as the EU. It really it fiddling about at the edges. People will still work and others buy what they produce if they want it. 

Basically I'm  now just fed up of people who think they can manipulate and twist things just because they can. While 99.9% of us are happy to just get up do some work, get properly rewarded for it ,  (not what some manipulative (insert your favourite expletive) in a suit tells you that it should be a lot less) have a bit of play etc.

Edited by Paul1440

6 minutes ago, Paul1440 said:

Just seen a vid on Face thingie with Aaron Banks talking to a select comitte about campaign spending.  Interesting watch. 

He talkes about the budgets on both sides. Remain spent twice as much and had bigger guns backing them. He also talks about strategies and says thrybearly on chose to run on emotion and lead people up the garden path.  It soet of makes sense as Farage was quick to say that some things were untrue (such as the EU contributions that would be spent  on the NHS as per the campaign  bus). Saying ir was plainly never true and people should be cleaver enough to have worked it out.  

Banks also calls the press clever but ultimately  stupid as the desire to get a story means they can be easily guided.

At the end of the day Governments will rise &fall as will organisations such as the EU. It really it fiddling about at the edges. People will still work and others buy what they produce if they want it. 

Basically I'm  now just fed up of people who think they can manipulate and twist things just because they can. While 99.9% of us are happy to just get up do some work, get properly rewarded for it ,  (not what some manipulative (insert your favourite expletive) in a suit tells you thatbit should be a lot less) have a bit of play etc.

It actually never said it would be spent, the line that the NHS would receive an extra £350 mil a week if we voted out ,has become the stuff of legend in remain camps.
It simply never happened.
For clarification

Image result for brexit campaign bus

'Lets fund our NHS instead'

Bear in mind the people who penned the slogan, and supported the campaign, are not in control of government funding, it could, and should be taken as a possible option, not as a statement of intent.
But its continually seized upon as Brexiteer lies, and thats about the best they can do.

Whereas , if we want to be pedantic about it, we could say..
Where is the recession ?
Where is the massive unemployment ?
Where is all the 'lost' trade ?
What happened to Mr Carneys tales of doom ?
Breakup of the union ?
And the icing on the cake , WW3 ?

All of these things would come to pass if we voted out, or shortly thereafter, so what happened ?
Yet all we hear about is the bus 'lie'

Its getting old now.

14 minutes ago, Rewulf said:

It actually never said it would be spent, the line that the NHS would receive an extra £350 mil a week if we voted out ,has become the stuff of legend in remain camps.
It simply never happened.
For clarification

Image result for brexit campaign bus

'Lets fund our NHS instead'

Bear in mind the people who penned the slogan, and supported the campaign, are not in control of government funding, it could, and should be taken as a possible option, not as a statement of intent.
But its continually seized upon as Brexiteer lies, and thats about the best they can do.

Whereas , if we want to be pedantic about it, we could say..
Where is the recession ?
Where is the massive unemployment ?
Where is all the 'lost' trade ?
What happened to Mr Carneys tales of doom ?
Breakup of the union ?
And the icing on the cake , WW3 ?

All of these things would come to pass if we voted out, or shortly thereafter, so what happened ?
Yet all we hear about is the bus 'lie'

Its getting old now.

What you say is true.  My point was more about how things /people/ organisations such as the press are manipulated and how open those that do it think it's something to boast about.  I thought it was quite staggering. 

WMD anyone..  

Edited by Paul1440

9 minutes ago, Jaymo said:

I think the way it was presented gave the impression that the money would go to the NHS

Interpretation is everything in life.

I don't agree! It's nothing to do with interpretation!.....Remainers deliberately misrepresented what was written (and are still doing so!) to suit their agenda! The meaning was clear to anyone......the truth is the UK does send £millions a week to the EU..........instead of doing this, we could fund our NHS........Could........not Will

As rewulf wrote, it was clearly "written as a possible option, not a statement of intent"

16 minutes ago, Jaymo said:

I think the way it was presented gave the impression that the money would go to the NHS

Interpretation is everything in life.

Of course it is.
But then, some people might see 'IT COULD BE YOU !' (National Lottery) on the side of a bus , and think that meant they were going to win the lottery that weekend ?

At the end of the day, there could be some spare money floating about in a few years for the NHS , I believe pledges have been made toward that.
Or it  might get spent on the homeless, or get chucked into the military budget, or there might be NO savings and no money spare.
It would take a rare and special person who was able to predict the future budget responsibilities of the UK accurately.
We could end up with the EU collapsing because of Brexit and other internal issues not of our causing, this could indeed trigger a European recession, in which case, we would need to tighten our belts.
The fact is, any projection is just that, a projection with the information we have NOW.

When the referendum was still undecided, there was no mention of divorce payments, how would that affect future NHS budgets ?
Its all very well saying we would 'save' £350 mil  a week, but if we had to pay billions in divorce money, we probably wouldnt save anything, for years.
So the 'promise' wasnt a promise at all, but just what it insinuated , a suggestion.