Early morning at Asda

old'un

3 minutes ago, stumfelter said:

Perhaps they were there at 6am because they had to go to work unlike pensioners?

This is a point, however it is not an excuse for stripping the shelves bare panic buying and leaving nothing, not only for the pensioners who at most times leave the way clear for them, but the night shift workers like nurses and medics.  They are both greedy and selfish

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

25 minutes ago, stumfelter said:

Perhaps they were there at 6am because they had to go to work unlike pensioners?

That does not excuse them for stripping the shelves so there is little left for those who follow them, they may have to go to work but did they do this before there was a shortage, that they have created by this selfish hording.

2 minutes ago, stumfelter said:

3pm would be the best time to allow pensioner only shopping, that way they could go after their afternoon siesta and before tipping point with that nice Ben Shepherd. 😆😆

Is that a joke, you try going to the super market at 3pm and see what’s left.

4 minutes ago, stumfelter said:

3pm would be the best time to allow pensioner only shopping, that way they could go after their afternoon siesta and before tipping point with that nice Ben Shepherd. 😆😆

From your post, my guess is that you are young and have no respect for the elderly, but unfortunately you will be one before you know it (tempus fugit and all that) :whistling:

You can see the same type of scumbag that tried to claim monetary advantage from the Grenfell tower disaster, even though they weren’t there!! Are now scrabbling for personal advantage from the coronavirus global pandemic, at everyone else’s expense!

Hold on to your hats because we ain’t seen nothing yet!.........nowadays I am seldom surprised at the depths to which these selfish scumbags will sink!

4 hours ago, ShootingEgg said:

I'm One of the few in the 30's that have not panic bought, but now I'm starting to think was I the stupid one not stocking right up... 

Me too. But as luck would have it i have three big freezer drawers full of duck and i'm may have to go and wack a few pigeons tomorrow :good:.

Not sure what’s worst, 20-30yr olds going shopping being selfish, or the attitude of some people commenting on this thread about them doing it.

What if they work in the NHS or food production industry and have just finished a night shift? What if they have young children at home and are worried the country will be locked down and they won’t have food in the cupboards? What if they are there shopping for parents and grandparents who are self isolating and as such need to buy multiples? Why are the elderly more vulnerable than children, whose literal survival depends on others providing for them?

Its funny how many of the people calling others selfish are doing so because their own needs weren’t met. Would you class yourself as selfish if this morning you shopped with only other elderly people and got all that you needed, then every other person under 70 that went in after who have families to support have to scrape the back of the shelves to get some food to eat and otherwise go out?

Im not defending these idiots who are going in and bulk panic buying unfairly,  but I will defend everyone and anyone whose out trying to get enough food to get by in the difficult times. The world needs everyone, old and young, to start thinking less about themselves and more about each other if we want to get through this with the least amount of victims as possible 

1 hour ago, rovercoupe said:

Why don't the hells angels man the front doors at opening and give the scumbags a good kicking if they try and get in.

And what's to stop the Hells Angels getting a good kicking??? Or worse!

Has to be done by Armed police or the military!!!

Edited by Newbie to this

8 minutes ago, Newbie to this said:

And what's to stop the Hells Angels getting a good kicking??? Or worse!

Has to be done by Armed police or the military!!!

Why do they need to be armed? If anything it becomes a hazard hence you wont see any armed police dealing with public order scenarios.

To have police spare to stand outside Tesco when my shift has 3 on a good day would be something. 

3 hours ago, old'un said:

That does not excuse them for stripping the shelves so there is little left for those who follow them, they may have to go to work but did they do this before there was a shortage, that they have created by this selfish hording.

Is that a joke, you try going to the super market at 3pm and see what’s left.

Yes, hence the smiley emoji's....

3 hours ago, Old Boggy said:

From your post, my guess is that you are young and have no respect for the elderly, but unfortunately you will be one before you know it (tempus fugit and all that) 

I'm 57 so hardly in the first flush of youth, respect for the elderly definitely but I believe that humour is the best medicine....

Supermarkets and customers demanding Police/Military to oversee the greed and grab mentality?

How about they pay for some private security-and strictly  limit the numbers of people entering-as per my sister who lives in Lombardy, Italy-does anybody really expect armed cops on aisle 4 watching over bog roll?

You've all seen how folks have reverted to their base level of grab what I can for myself.

If you want  a real nightmare, just imagine if the electric gets turned off.

In my previous employment, I often quoted that I'd seen the very best and the very worst of what humans can do-seems as though humanity hasn't changed much.

chin up,

one and all.

f.

39 minutes ago, GingerCat said:

Why do they need to be armed? If anything it becomes a hazard hence you wont see any armed police dealing with public order scenarios.

To have police spare to stand outside Tesco when my shift has 3 on a good day would be something. 

Because if not armed then they will just get told where to go by the mob.

If there aren't enough police, then declare martial law, people will soon change their attitudes once the army are on the streets.

11 minutes ago, Bigbob said:

Does anybody think the supermarkets really care they must be recording record sales ?.

If this virus is eliminated in the next few weeks (which I seriously doubt but humour me!) then a lot  the stockpiled food that people have bought will be used up so then there will be less sales at the supermarkets and their profits will drop (after making huge profits over the last few weeks of course!).   One benefit of this 'food rationing' may be that people realise that they don't need a trolley full of food every week AND they might actually try cooking a real meal instead of relying on ready meals. 

1 hour ago, Newbie to this said:

Because if not armed then they will just get told where to go by the mob.

If there aren't enough police, then declare martial law, people will soon change their attitudes once the army are on the streets.

Armed police get told where to go as well. It's not a licence to shoot people willy nilly. The military will provide assistance to the civil police only. They won't police anything on their own.