Tier 4

Mice!

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, JDog said:

Personally I do not know what to think about the Covid situation but I would rather be alive and safe than a statistic.

Simple really. Just use your common sense which I believe you have plenty of and keep your distance. Yes, it is a bit of a lottery but many that fall foul put themselves in harms way.  We yokels who are indeed priveliged to live in the countryside have less of a problem than those living sometimes 10-15 to a house in London, Birmingham, Boutlton etc etc.

I notice all of this euro cheek kissing and hugging has diminished which helps.  As much as a traditional handshake shows your pleasure at meeting, it is not a great problem to not do it, simply make a verbal comment in accordance.

I certainly do not intend to walk around pertrified, life is too short anyway.  heaven help us if we ever went into a serious war again.

4 hours ago, udderlyoffroad said:

Christ on a bike...what a load of bovine droppings.

Utter tosh, we have massively over-reported COVID deaths in this country.

Pretty much the same experience for those who do support the restrictions?  But yes, sign me up, I'm not sure I'd notice the difference.  <Insert cheap shot about star-of-David arm patches here>

It is a shocking restriction on our civil liberties.  What staggers me is the number of intelligent people who seriously think that ever tighter restrictions will somehow contain an airborne virus.  It won't, it hasn't anywhere else in the world, and it won't work here.  As some wag put it, the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.

The lockdown was put in place to stop our embarrassing joke of a health system from being overwhelmed, NOT to save lives.  This was quite clearly communicated by government. 

When history gets around to recording the death toll from COVID, versus the death toll from missed cancer treatments, suicides, and the like, people may think differently.  Always assuming of course, some reliable data of actual COVID deaths is available, and not the sham reporting we currently have.

Looks like a troll post to me.

46 minutes ago, blackbird said:

Don’t worry about international travel many countries have now told the UK to **** off your banned 😂

Have just got back in from walking the dogs and met the sister of a woman who lives in the village. I know for a fact she’s a retired licensee from High Wycombe.
I asked her if she’s up for Christmas, and she said she thought she’d better get out while she could.🙂

6 hours ago, JDog said:

Personally I do not know what to think about the Covid situation but I would rather be alive and safe than a statistic.

This is pretty much where I'm at with it all .

I'd rather be sitting in my woodland in twelve months and thinking , well that was a fuss about nothing , than have my ashes sitting on the mantlepiece in an urn.

I watched TV the other day and there was this professor who had a petition signed by many scientists and medical professionals urging a stricter lockdown, I switched over and there was a different professor with a petition also signed by many scientists and medical professionals but this time calling for a relaxation of lockdown measures. I come on here and there are a variety of opinions and I've come to the conclusion everyone is clueless and full of **** when it comes to covid. 

1 hour ago, toontastic said:

I watched TV the other day and there was this professor who had a petition signed by many scientists and medical professionals urging a stricter lockdown, I switched over and there was a different professor with a petition also signed by many scientists and medical professionals but this time calling for a relaxation of lockdown measures. I come on here and there are a variety of opinions and I've come to the conclusion everyone is clueless and full of **** when it comes to covid. 

Oh do elucidate please.

22 hours ago, Cosmicblue said:

You think its a troll post because someone has a different opinion to the one you got off the talky box ?

28 minutes ago, treetree said:

This completely unevidenced mutant strain is a nice excuse to kick the Brexit final final final deadline to the back end of January...

Dont ya just know it 😆

1 hour ago, treetree said:

This completely unevidenced mutant strain is a nice excuse to kick the Brexit final final final deadline to the back end of January...

Are you suggesting it’s a hunch, or would you prefer Witty and JVT to give you a personal PowerPoint?

If it is BS, it’s an awesome piece of work as it’s got the rest of the workload cakking itself!!

Edited by Smokersmith

22 hours ago, Cosmicblue said:

Trolling is saying something to get a rise out of people.  I submit that my post reflected my honest opinion.  It was originally...much longer but I cut it down.

Incidentally, them term 'trolling' comes from the fishing technique, has nothing to do with little green men who live in Norway or under bridges.  Therefore describing people who indulge in trolling as 'trolls' might be convenient shorthand, but is not accurate.

Now, I thought thrice before posting the below, as the video's main protagonist, PJW as he is known, is very black-and-white, and I certainly do not agree with every point he makes.  But the following video is...bang on the money

4 minutes ago, udderlyoffroad said:

Now, I thought thrice before posting the below, as the video's main protagonist, PJW as he is known

But , but , but , hes one of those far right wing people , you cant trust what they say !
They dont allow those people on the talky box because they never ever tell the truth , only left wing people tell the truth , Mr zuckerberg says so .... oh and they worship hitler too :lol:

Its all a farce.

The Government know they're wrong but are too far down a hole to admit they're wrong about the restrictions.

They bring up the NHS to shut down any locldown conversation, they then gaslight the public for the NHS being at capacity as 'we didnt follow the guidance' but its the government that has mismanaged and/or under funded them for years.

Sir Desmond Swayne had some good points on TalkRADIO -

"We've simply shrugged off our fundamental rights and freedoms have been set aside."

"I think this is the most dangerous lesson that governments in the western world have learned: 'Hey, actually people don't really protest that much when their rights are taken away'."

"I take the view that even if you could show me that we are saving lives as a consequence of the policy that we take, liberty is more important."

Mental health is important. Here in Wales we were stuffed before Christmas. Say you got a family with possibly some one who is ill. Your not allowed to visit or mix. Christmas was basically a right off. Getting out for a few hours on your lone some would be good for the mind and clear the head and have a reset but they take that away as well 
There is no reason at all not to pursue your hobbies locally be it walking or driving.  I am lucky I live on the edge of a suburb so can get into the fields to walk me dog etc but loads of families are not so fortunate and it can't be easy for them 

Edited by captainhastings

We are in tier 4 My friend lives alone, self isolating, opposite an old couple 80 and 81 who have been having visitors Christmas Eve, Christmas Day and Boxing Day. Its all their family and grandchildren bringing gifts. 

A lot of families like that I would imagine. 

Edited by Vince Green