Putin announces 'military operation' in Ukraine.

Dave-G

5 minutes ago, bottletopbill said:

Why do we put our services through this time after time then we do not support them later in life. How many x service with problems both mental and physical and left .

Lets get that sorted first and show them a commitment and thank them for serving our country.

For it's Tommy this, an' Tommy that, an` Chuck him out, the brute! "
But it's " Saviour of 'is country " when the guns begin to shoot; 
An' it's Tommy this, an' Tommy that, an' anything you please; 
An 'Tommy ain't a bloomin' fool - you bet that Tommy sees!

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, mgsontour said:

As long as Putin doesn't get China to give him a hand and then it could end pretty sharp-ish

This is my biggest concern. He's already got the Chinese onside . Things could get pretty grim pretty quickly. 

I don't see Russia needing anyone helping them but this is a perfect opportunity for China and North Korea to start playing up with their own agendas.

For a change it looks like the Western intel was correct in so much that Putin was planning a full scale invasion and occupation of Ukraine, albeit under the well established pretence of regime change.

Personally I currently have no idea what the end game looks like. Best outcome appears to be that he stops at Ukraine, Russia faces sanctions and suffers as a result, the result of which we all suffer a bit as a consequence.

I hope the sanctions at least go as far as cutting global banking ties with Russia, disconnecting Russia from SWIFT banking network seems like a sound move. 

2 hours ago, welsh1 said:

Today is the day ground forces mobilized in the first gulf war, "the begining of the end", and here we are 32 years later with the world tetering on a precipice because another mad dictator has decided he can do what he wants.

What happens now? who knows, most likely putin gets his way and takes Ukraine as the rest of the world watches because they fear ww3.

I have a Son serving, and now know the feelings my Parents had when i went to different hostile places.

Today is a sad day.

Well said.

29 minutes ago, humperdingle said:

All firearms / shotgun cert holders are to be issued Lee Enfield SMLE rifles, to defend the home front.

That should get some people moist 😂

With the state of my back , I'd need to use mine as a crutch 😄.

My darkest thoughts ..

The West can't allow Putin to prevail, leading to a raft of measures (initially economic, trade etc, but could lead to military) ... that leads to him feeling further threatened, and boxed in ... what will he do?

I don't see him putting his hands up and saying sorry, there's a real risk he could hit the big red button in the name of defending mother Russia. RAF bases all over the country could be targeted and gone within 20 minutes, with him citing self defence as he already has.

5 minutes ago, Gordon R said:

I am no fan of Putin, but I'm sure the Russians think he is brilliant compared to Boris and Creepy Joe. He has made the West look like a bunch of amateurs.

For sure ... Trump got a lot of stick for calling him a genius for what he's doing, but he's right (he often was!)

11 minutes ago, Smokersmith said:

My darkest thoughts ..

The West can't allow Putin to prevail, leading to a raft of measures (initially economic, trade etc, but could lead to military) ... that leads to him feeling further threatened, and boxed in ... what will he do?

I don't see him putting his hands up and saying sorry, there's a real risk he could hit the big red button in the name of defending mother Russia. RAF bases all over the country could be targeted and gone within 20 minutes, with him citing self defence as he already has.

But that would be MAD - mutually assured destruction. End of. Game Over. For just about everyone.

9 minutes ago, Raja Clavata said:

But that would be MAD - mutually assured destruction. End of. Game Over. For just about everyone.

Exactly, There will be Royal Navy submarines in the Baltic at this very moment with Polaris missiles programmed on Moscow. He's a madman, but not that much of a madman.