What .22 lr to purchase

rayo

Morning guys I’ve finally received my firearms certificate for a 22 lr I had my mind set on buying a used  synthetic Sako quad when one eventually pops up for sale near me . I rang around the local ish gun shops without any luck but two of them said I’d be just as well off with a Cz synthetic which by coincidence they had used ones in Since then I’ve looked at the reviews on the Cz and they all seem quite positive. Now my minds in a muddle 😩😅

CZ are accurate guns, but the triggers aren’t great, lots of people fix them with a trigger kit. 

If you’re not looking to overspend then a CZ is a decent rimfire. 

I vowed to not buy a CZ again, there quality control is naff, I’ve handled several centrefire of theirs with stocks not square.

If money is no object I’d buy an Anschutz, with the 2 stage trigger. 

Synthetic stocked CZ. Bomb proof, never needs cleaning, more accurate than its user, a proper work horse of a tool. Just keeps going and going. 
Mate had the Sako Quad but found it a pain swapping bits about; he now has a Finnfire but it never gets used as he’s terrified of it getting marked! 🤷‍♂️

I have an old CZ452 2E bought from a retiring gamekeeper. My first powder rifle after shooter shotguns & thought the trigger was mire than good enough but went ahead fitting a Timney trigger. Big improvement ! I also have a 17hmr American. The trigger is to me verry stiff, being new the sear probably needs wearing in a little more.

When I had my FAC for 22 rimfire come through in august, I headed out and was persuaded by my RFD to buy an older CZ BRNO 452 with an Airmax scope and no-name moderator for £175. He reckoned it would shoot forever with no fussing.

Very happy with it, does it 's job, will probably get a WMR version as well, when I can find someone local that stocks WMR rounds 🙂

7 minutes ago, strimmer_13 said:

Cz 

Used/owned them in 22, 22wmr, 17hmr, 222 and a Brno mod 2

Was seriously impressed with the 17, thumbnail groups at 100yards

I have an old BRNO 2e .22lr dated 1985 which is deadly and an old BRNO ZKW465 .22 Hornet dated 1958 which is seriously deadly. When I wanted an African rifle I naturally bought a CZ 550 magnum deluxe in .375 a H&H Magnum and guess what? That, too, was a tack driver.

Another happy CZ (452) owner. It also had a trigger job (Yo Dave). My only complaint is the barrels are too long. I don't see the point of a long barrel on a 22LR. Had mine chopped to 15 inches. Next time, it will be even shorter. The Tikka T1x comes with a factory 16 inch barrel and they seem to get good reviews. Would complement a Tikka centrefire nicely!