CASH ONLY part deux.

TIGHTCHOKE

I went to a hospital appointment this afternoon.

Turned up in good time for the 13:30 slot.

Had to wait for 30 minutes to get in to the car park.

Once full, it will only let another car in once one has left.

The appointment instructions ask that you turn up 15 minutes early, I was 5 minutes late and the Technician was walking towards me as I got close to the clinic.

She was aware that the place had too few parking spaces for the number of clinics operating.

What a cock-up.

When I left I took my car park ticket to the machine and was met with a hand written sign stating "NO CARD ONLY CASH" so having inserted the ticket, it asked for £2, I fed in a £10 note only to have that regurgitated. 

I went to one of the helpful staff members who said "oh not again", gave me another ticket and said that will get you out.

What a crazy set of hoops to jump through, the whole visit was a great success, only spoilt by the awful amenities.

35 minutes ago, Weihrauch17 said:

The Taxpayers pays for hospitals, they should not be charged again to park on what they have paid for!

^ This.

I’m at hospital every week, luckily I now get free parking as a blue badge holder, in fact I’m there that often the ANPR recognises my vehicle and lifts the barrier automatically 😂

21 minutes ago, Red696 said:

^ This.

I’m at hospital every week, luckily I now get free parking as a blue badge holder, in fact I’m there that often the ANPR recognises my vehicle and lifts the barrier automatically 😂

You're lucky - blue badge or not - to have a barrier which means you can't get out without paying.

When we had our first Corvid jabs I went to the nearest hospital car park and just getting the barrier up was so complicated I gave up and went and parked on the grass verge like everyone else , we had out latest one about three weeks ago and people were still parking on the grass verge or anywhere they could get in around the grounds , so it seems they still give the car parks a wide berth .

I was at Hospital last week and the car park was full. I saw someone walking to their car, so I got into a position to take their vacated space. They drove off and I parked in their space. I was 2 minutes late for my appointment,  but as the clinic was running 10 minutes late, it wasn't a problem. Having been attended to, I returned to the car park only to find I had a £40 fixed penalty ticket stuck on my windscreen. It seems that where I had parked, onto the end of a row, was not actually a designated parking bay. In my haste to avoid being late, I had not noticed that. There were cars parked onto the end of EVERY row, but I seemed to be the only one with a ticket  ?  I have appealed on the grounds that the car park was covered in leaves and the marked bays were difficult to see, I'm still awaiting their response. 

Edited by Westley

Small world. Went for pacemaker check-up this morning. Car park machine said "not in use". I phoned the telephone number on the board to be informed that the only number cited could not accept payments. I got an invite to download an app instead. I hadn't much time and was a bit miffed. Lad at the machine said "take a photo of the not in use sign", which I did. Spoke to the parking warden as I was going in. He was aware of the machine not working and said no action providing I had parked within the white lines. 

On leaving, I passed the same advice to four motorists. Hospital visits are stressful enough without parking issues. it is a disgrace that we have to pay.

4 minutes ago, Minky said:

Is there anyone on this SHOOTING site that is under the age of 70....80 and  who isn't acoffin dodger.   AND ACTUALLY  GOES SHOOTING..?

Under 70 and dodging coffins regularly 

I actually shoot and fish oh and work 

should have said I was taking my mum to the hospital that day 😊

5 hours ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

Well I am 58 and was getting hearing aids fitted.

I shoot regularly.

And let me guess. Like many of us, you didn’t use any ear defenders when shooting in your younger days.

I attend hospital every month for eye injections for a macula edema plus more appointments for the wife and still find time to go shooting at least once a week, but admit, like many on here, to being in my 70s.

Good luck with the hearing aids Dave. They’ve certainly changed my life. I can now engage in conversations in crowded places whereas previously I felt totally isolated not being able to pick up individual speech.

OB

9 hours ago, Minky said:

Is there anyone on this SHOOTING site that is under the age of 70....80 and  who isn't acoffin dodger.   AND ACTUALLY  GOES SHOOTING..?

Under 60..  shoot weekly, fish daily in spring summer, paddle board, cycle, weightlift and dieing of kidney failure.

sold my Motorbikes though

10 hours ago, Minky said:

Not many. 

Us old uns are probably the only ones who can afford it and do regularly while we can before the nursing home takes everything off us. 

😃

Must be the only free thing?

15 hours ago, Weihrauch17 said:

The Taxpayers pays for hospitals, they should not be charged again to park on what they have paid for!

It maybe the fact that it's impossible to cope with economic demand on services? Having to find possibly 4000 new appointments weekly  on top of the demand for medical advances?

The illegal immigrants have no problems accessing a doctor, dentist or any other health care, around here it's around 2 week's for a doctors appointment and the NHS dentist I use has a sign up miss your appointment and you will be struck off, that happened to my mate and he cannot find another dentist anywhere. 

They made our local hospital minor ailments only but its usually heaving and although there's a overflow car park folk just abandon there cars on the end of rows on grass verges and nothings done 

Since i retired i think i have been nominated the grandkids taxi i regularly take them to hospital but its one 30 minutes away and the parking is a free for all any space disable , on the end of rows or blocking roads anything goes and nothing is done about it 

19 minutes ago, B725 said:

The illegal immigrants have no problems accessing a doctor, dentist or any other health care, around here it's around 2 week's for a doctors appointment and the NHS dentist I use has a sign up miss your appointment and you will be struck off, that happened to my mate and he cannot find another dentist anywhere. 

We have got N H S dentist's in Norfolk shutting up and going private , I never missed an appointment as I wasn't given one when the non urgent appointments were stopped during the Corvid problems , my problem was I never made one in the time window when restrictions were over , so after 40 odd years of being with the same dentist I no longer  had one , and still haven't got one with no signs of ever getting another N H S one. :no: