Drone strikes

norfolk dumpling

Can't understand all the fuss about this - IS troops iro country of origin planning terrorist attacks (of the worst kind) against UK. We knew where they were, we had the equipment and DC had the balls to make the decision. Should be congratulations not criticism by MPs. Or next time don't tell them. This is not a normal war and normal protocols cannot apply.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I doubt that IS will say " Oh my goodness, two Britons have been killed by RAF drones. Perhaps we should put our weapons down and become market traders". They will be treated as martyrs and used to recruit.

Given the destabilisation caused by the west and the swamping of the region with weapons to support the arms industry then I don't think they'll be any shortage of new recruits.

I don't know the answer but I think Bush might have missed a few clues when he decided to depose Saddam, create a political vacuum and then give the people washing machines and fridges.

When Bush started attacking then Saddam said "You have wandered into a quagmire from which you will never escape" and most laughed at him. Well, we ain't laughing now :no:

Frankly Scarlet, I don't give a damn.........

They were playing an incredibly stupid game, and I think as these Walter Mittys have chosen to go down this path then they had it coming.

I think DC was wrong to say they were targeted, should have kept it secret. It was fairly obvious they were located by their mobile phones so we have just warned others.

Why do MP's find it so shocking?? British citizens or not intelligence says they were planning to commit an atrocity on British soil and given the fact that they were jihadists fighting for IS they were most likely guilty of more than a few deaths possibly of men women and children in Syria.

MP's cannot be so naïve to think that preventive measures are not taken by the secret services of a lot of countries, France, USA, Israel, Russia to name a few, the difference between those countries and the UK is they keep quiet about what they get up to.

I for one will not have a single thought of pity for those two killed, who knows how many lives have been saved by that action both here and in Syria.

I don't know the answer but I think Bush might have missed a few clues when he decided to depose Saddam, create a political vacuum and then give the people washing machines and fridges.

When Bush started attacking then Saddam said "You have wandered into a quagmire from which you will never escape" and most laughed at him. Well, we ain't laughing now :no:

Although I dontthink saddam was the nicest of blokes, he did keep them in order and they towed the line, now we just seem to be fighting another so called terrorist group ever week. As one goes qhiet another pops up..

And like others ha e said, these so called brittish citizens left to fight against us. Im sure if IS kills one of their own nationals who were standing up to them they arent going to have a debate about it and an enquiry into how what when and where.

Although I dontthink saddam was the nicest of blokes, he did keep them in order and they towed the line, now we just seem to be fighting another so called terrorist group ever week. As one goes qhiet another pops up..

And like others ha e said, these so called brittish citizens left to fight against us. Im sure if IS kills one of their own nationals who were standing up to them they arent going to have a debate about it and an enquiry into how what when and where.

Was only saying the same thing yesterday at work

I dont get fuss either. I find it funny that the Labour party are demanding to see the legal evidence for one drone strike.....aren't we still waiting for the "legal" evidence of Iraq and Afghanistan WAR!!!! which they started..... which is one of the main reasons ISIS are causing us such a threat now.

I can agree that Saddam, Assad, Gadaffi etc were all horrible dictators and nasty men, however they did keep countries in check and people knew where they stood. This ISIS lot are a bunch of barbaric murderers and I am sure the countries and people will be worse off (especially women) under their laws and ideals than any of the dictators.

Edited by ferguson_tom

In addition to wanting to remove Assad, ISIS market themselves as Islam versus the west. Well, from my limited understanding, this cause has been going on since the days of The Crusaders and the Saracens. So, sadly, it's unlikely to be resolved in my lifetime.

MP's outrage demands for debate and extra meetings = more money /expenses for turning up to talk about it .Think DC let us know to take the heat of the extra thousands of refuges he going to squeeze onto this island = politics

Edited by scutt

So where is the line drawn between police shooting to kill a lad on a tube train in London when they have intelligence that he is plotting a bomb and sending in missiles on a lad from Cardiff in another country when he is plotting a bomb? Who decides? On what basis?

Should they be shot to restrain them and allow them to use the laws of the land or just shoot to kill? Yes it might be hard when someone is in IS but what about if they are on a tube train?

Do we follow law or follow our gut instincts? Then it that following international law, Blairs law or British law?

Edited by malkiserow

As soon as they leave the UK to join IS then they should have their UK status rescinded - they have made their choices.

Have to agree as others have stated, as bad as Hussein/Gadhafi et al were, they kept the various factions inside their countries under control albeit brutally. Removing the leaders just gave license for the factions to take up the centuries old grievances and cause this turmoil in the region.

Not that I feel sorry for the PM, but I can't help feeling the opposition parties are loving the situation he is now in.

He is faced with the invasion of immigrants, economic or otherwise, on an unprecedented scale; immigrants whom it would appear on the surface, are being welcomed into other parts of Europe with open arms (except Hungary perhaps) and he is also faced with the emotional blackmail by Sturgeon and others, whom will capitalise on those awful images of the drowned boy on the beach for as long as is possible, yet no one has again asked the question; 'how many do we let in'? !0,000? 100,000? 1,000,000?

What number would the opposition be happy with? If we let in 10,000 does this mean others will stop coming? What happens if we let in 1,000,000 and they still keep coming?

There are some seriously emotionally cold questions and answers which need to be asked and given. There are a lot more dead children in Syria than there are washed up on the beaches of Turkey.

If these people are fleeing war torn zones then it is in our interests to sort out that particular area, and if that means wiping out those responsible for the war, then so be it.

So where is the line drawn between police shooting to kill a lad on a tube train in London when they have intelligence that he is plotting a bomb and sending in missiles on a lad from Cardiff in another country when he is plotting a bomb? Who decides? On what basis?

Should they be shot to restrain them and allow them to use the laws of the land or just shoot to kill? Yes it might be hard when someone is in IS but what about if they are on a tube train?

Do we follow law or follow our gut instincts? Then it that following international law, Blairs law or British law?

This.

If the UK government wants an excuse to go around summarily executing its subjects, this is a great way to start.

Maybe Dave and his mates are envious of the way IS and other regimes handle internal opposition?

Cowardly and illegal.

LS