samboy

Richmond sausages.

Hi all.

I have never tasted such filth in all my life. I'm just cooking the rest for the dogs. Shame really as i love them dogs.

"The Black Farmer" do some nice sausages but it's a shame you are not closer as we have a Farm nearby that makes sausages to an old English recipe - they use their own pork and pay a Butcher to visit the farm one day a week to joint all the meat etc - think they are about 96% Pork from memory and no fat comes out of them when cooking - amazing. As for Richmond we normally get them for 1p/pack as they reach their sell by date and the other half makes Sausage Rolls out of them adding Caramelised Onion Chutney to give some flavour.

Edited by bruno22rf

9 minutes ago, Newbie to this said:

'The nations favourite' not sure where they did that survey  probably in the company boardroom

One of the rougher northern areas allegedly!

Edited by TIGHTCHOKE
    needed an extra S

1 minute ago, bruno22rf said:

"The Black Farmer" do some nice sausages but it's a shame you are not closer as we have a Farm nearby that makes sausages to an old English recipe - they use their own pork and pay a Butcher to visit the farm one day a week to joint all the meat etc - think they are about 96% Pork from memory and no fat comes out of them when cooking - amazing. As for Richmond we normally get them for 1p/pack as they reach their sell by date and the other half makes Sausage Rolls out of them adding caramelised onion to give some flavour.

Our local one is Puddledub, which you can now get at any of the farmers markets and farm shops near fife.

5min south of Cluny clays for the farm but also now have a butcher shop in kirkcaldy.

One of the few places that you can get pork cheeks (which my wife loves) or other non-standard cuts

My exes daughter would eat no other sausages, but she was a bit strange.

Do they have real meat in them ? That pink colour is very off putting.

I think 42% meat means they can call them sausages rather than bangers which I think are 40% or less meat. We like making sausages, they’re not hard to make and it’s a bit of a laugh to make them with the wife 😂

59 minutes ago, samboy said:

Hi all.

I have never tasted such filth in all my life. I'm just cooking the rest for the dogs. Shame really as i love them dogs.

You obviously haven't tried any of the Supermarket budget own brand sausages! :lol:

5 minutes ago, Benthejockey said:

I think 42% meat means they can call them sausages rather than bangers which I think are 40% or less meat. We like making sausages, they’re not hard to make and it’s a bit of a laugh to make them with the wife 😂

How does she taste? 

Lashfords, made in one of the outer suburbs (Hall Green?) of Brum, their "breakfast" sausages are very nice! But I may not be a good judge,  because I like Walls frozen sausages in a full English!

Missus is cooking tonight, we are having Richmond sausages, mash and beans. Beans are Heinz so not all bad.

Tbh she would ruin expensive sausages anyway.

Oh...

I quite like Richmond's sausages - especially the next day, in a buttered roll. They taste a lot better than many other brands.

Sad to say I rarely use my local butcher. Living alone/cooking for one, it's a travel well out of my way to justify it. I need to get into the habit of batch buying enough for a month or 2 and then freezing it all...

yep they are total pants sweepings bread, bone & pink tinge followed with a drive by  wiff of summit pork.

worse one i've been offered was iceland sausage squares just horrid.

Edited by Remimax

22 hours ago, Remimax said:

yep they are total pants sweepings bread, bone & pink tinge followed with a drive by  wiff of summit pork.

worse one i've been offered was iceland sausage squares just horrid.

That’s not what you told me, you said you misses loved your sausage 🐷

hmmmmm, a selection of mechanically extracted meat, saw dust, and wall paper paste.... lovely

yet I seem to have an addiction to the big bratwurst style hotdog sausages! go figure.

I would not touch **** sausages. I am very lucky and keep a few pigs and when slaughtered I have some sausages made from their meat and they are fabulous. 

Best ever is a fry up is using sausage and bacon (home cured) from my pigs, eggs from our chickens, tomatoes from our garden and if I am lucky a mushroom or two that I have found when out with the dogs.

On 2/3/2018 at 13:22, Rewulf said:

That pink colour is very off putting.

That'll be the cochineal. Nothing like a ground up bug to make your meal look appetising.