Cleaning interior windscreen

wisdom

Following on from the winter condensation etc.

Does anyone know of a product that would leave the windscreen clean and streak free.I have tried using a new microfiber cloth and it's better.But would really like it better.especially with low sun.

I use half a cup of white vinegar diluted in about 2 litres of warm water and then use an old school cheesecloth or similar to clean the glass. Then I dry off with a damp leather and buff with dry kitchen paper.

I've yet to find a so called glass cleaner that works on the inside of a windscreen. What I do need is something to polish the outside of the windscreen...

6 hours ago, London Best said:

A couple of quid to wipe the inside three windows!

You obviously get more pension than me.

🤣🤣🤣 I’m 37 mate i don’t get any pension, so I’m paying yours and to have my windows cleaned 😛 my time is far better used elsewhere than scrubbing windows to a sparkle. 

On 05/04/2023 at 15:45, Dave-G said:

Windolene is great for inside screens. I wont use hand car washes because they use very powerful jet washing wands that scuff and lift lacquer off alloy wheels - especially diamond cut one's.

I too don’t now use those hand pressure washers where they use very harsh cleaners with acetone in which discolours black plastic bumpers etc. On my previous car I had a guy fit a sat nav and rear camera and he showed where the high pressure washers had infiltrated internal parts so now either use a drive through washer with those big brushes or do it myself.

OB

On 04/04/2023 at 18:30, Westward said:

I use half a cup of white vinegar diluted in about 2 litres of warm water and then use an old school cheesecloth or similar to clean the glass. Then I dry off with a damp leather and buff with dry kitchen paper.

I've yet to find a so called glass cleaner that works on the inside of a windscreen. What I do need is something to polish the outside of the windscreen...

Folded and crumpled newsprint is supposed to clean and polish glasss.

Blackpowder

I use the window cleaner spray my wife uses for inside of our house windowns, works a treat.  On the subject of car windowns I have noriced over the years as windoscreens get more slanted the reflection of the shiny top of the dashboard causes a greayish reflection particularly in suny conditions.  In fact the reaction on my X rype Jag almost blots out any vision.  I saw some fitted top covers they use in Australia a lot and found one for my Dacia Duster. Totally solves the problem. No reflection.  I couldn't find one for the Jag unfortunately

On 06/04/2023 at 22:18, Old Boggy said:

I too don’t now use those hand pressure washers where they use very harsh cleaners with acetone in which discolours black plastic bumpers etc. On my previous car I had a guy fit a sat nav and rear camera and he showed where the high pressure washers had infiltrated internal parts so now either use a drive through washer with those big brushes or do it myself.

OB

Have you seen the video of the LR Vogue in the drive through? The automatic tail gate opened and the washer did its return journey folding the tailgate onto the roof!  he also got his interior washed as well! 

On 04/04/2023 at 18:30, Westward said:

There's probably a reason why the proper Rover 2000 Owners' Manual specified vinegar - can't remember the proportions - 2 tablespoons of vinegar to the screen wash bottle? Window cleaners' scrim is a handy cloth.

• 3 weeks later...