Russell Brand

Vince Green

Well it looks like Russell Brand is set to become the new Jimmy Savile having watched Despatches on C4 last night.

Again though, like Savile, everybody knew about what he was doing but the management of the BBC and C4 ( plus others in the UK and USA) at the time covered it up.

The big difference though is that Savile was dead before it all came out. Brand is very much alive. 

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Problem for me about it all is it’s been an investigation by the media - not the police to start. They have “found” these ladies who have all kept quiet for a decade or more and now all decided to go public about it. 

Whether he is a predator or not I would maybe go as far as saying these ladies where happy to pull their knickers down and jump in the sack if they thought they stood a chance at his millions of pounds and glamour lifestyle. 

I think the public believes the media too much and we used to live in a democracy where you are innocent till proven guilty. Look at some previous cases where after years of abuse and loss of careers people have been found not guilty.

Could he be being silenced by powers to be as he’s very vocal on things happening in this country and globally and has a following - albeit no idea if he has or not as cba to look.

I just think the general gullible public need to not join a witch hunt before facts and jury’s have made decisions .

Personally I can’t stand the bloke; a complete and utter waste of breathing space.
Saying that, I think the tittle-tattle hungry public need to be very careful. There are more than plenty of folk out there just dying to think the worst of others. 
Schofield as far as I’m aware has done no wrong, but his career is finished, likewise Huw Edwards. 
Matthew Kelly was driven to the brink of suicide and Caroline Flack beyond. 

I have no time for him and never found him remotely funny. I always felt sorry for him.

I hope the same effort is put into pursuing any criminal wrongdoings and worry about another trial by media. Only one side was portrayed and he would be found guilty on that basis. Reminds me of John Leslie - another I couldn't stand - ruined without the chance to clear his name in court. 

1 hour ago, Scully said:

Personally I can’t stand the bloke; a complete and utter waste of breathing space.
Saying that, I think the tittle-tattle hungry public need to be very careful. There are more than plenty of folk out there just dying to think the worst of others. 
Schofield as far as I’m aware has done no wrong, but his career is finished, likewise Huw Edwards. 
Matthew Kelly was driven to the brink of suicide and Caroline Flack beyond. 

With you all the way on most of this, however , in mitigation I would ask how many careers has RB wrecked this way with no chance of comeback.

I never liked him ...... but I could say that for several 'new style' comedians/entertainers.  However after what he (and Jonathan Ross) did to Andrew Sachs (Manuel in Fawlty Towers), I won't watch him (or Ross) ever again.  To do that to an old man in the early stages of dementia as a 'prank' to make money was below despicable.  No one in respectable entertainment should ever have booked either of them after that.

As to the present allegations, I think it has been an open secret (and one over which he has boasted frequently) that he has 'bedded' a great many - and that some now claim they were 'unwilling partners' doesn't come as a great surprise.

One good thing may be that we never see him on our screens again, but if actually guilty of any criminal act (such as rape), he should be treated according to the law of the land.

They would have to be very sure of their facts to have gone so openly public on these allegations about a living person. Their lawyers would have gone over every word with a magnifying glass several times over.

Otherwise he could sue them for an absolute fortune.  It was different with Savile, they were always frightened to blow the whistle on him until he died.

I suspect the flood gates will now burst open and lots more people (some genuine some fake) will come forward with stories about him.

1 hour ago, JohnfromUK said:

I never liked him ...... but I could say that for several 'new style' comedians/entertainers.  However after what he (and Jonathan Ross) did to Andrew Sachs (Manuel in Fawlty Towers), I won't watch him (or Ross) ever again.  To do that to an old man in the early stages of dementia as a 'prank' to make money was below despicable.  No one in respectable entertainment should ever have booked either of them after that.

This is the very reason i hate him cant stand the man 

I must admit that having no TV I've only read what was in the online news, and I only skimmed through that so maybe I don't know all that's been alleged.

I always thought he was an odious little twerp, however...

4 hours ago, Fargo said:

I just think the general gullible public need to not join a witch hunt before facts and jury’s have made decisions .

I just can't get my head around why people make accusations years after the event, if it was so terrible why not speak up at the time?

When he first came out as a comic I found him funny and very clever then it went to his head and he became a total **** he was always honest about ******** anything that moved so why did women put themselves in his company and more importantly in his bedroom I will tell you money and fame  I still don’t like him but why has it taken this long for the women to complain I will tell you money 

Some posts have been removed, please remember this is a public forum, accusations against individuals and organisations could be libellous and the poster could find themselves in court.

Also, we have all read the supposed sex acts this individual did, we do not need a graffic description.

This is a sensitive subject, tread carefully please.