UK doing well 🇬🇧

WalkedUp

The UK is 3rd out of all countries world wide in percentage population inoculated (of the countries with significant inoculation programmes). This is something we should be proud of and be thankful to the government for organising. I’m far from BoJo’s greatest fan but if this carries on his team deserves some credit. 

DF80E8B5-937A-48BB-8D3B-EFFC667876D3.jpeg

I can only report on our first jab. Very well organised .  It will take time and to be honest that was one of my concerns as the vaccine seemed to have been produced very quickly when it normally takes years.   With all of the instant response to now anything ...order it before 4pm and get it at 9am next morning .... it has made us expect everything NOW.   It will not happen like that and we will have to learn to live with it and get on with enjoying life again. 

I don’t know anyone that’s had it yet.  Originally my wife was told that she and the the other hospital staff would have to take it.  So she and half of the staff said they would quit or retire and so the hospital back peddled and said it was optional. 

1 minute ago, Walker570 said:

I can only report on our first jab. Very well organised .  It will take time and to be honest that was one of my concerns as the vaccine seemed to have been produced very quickly when it normally takes years.   With all of the instant response to now anything ...order it before 4pm and get it at 9am next morning .... it has made us expect everything NOW.   It will not happen like that and we will have to learn to live with it and get on with enjoying life again. 

It’s a protein based vaccine so there is no way it can do harm outside of an allergic reaction or fever based complications 

Now don’t shoot me down in flames 🔥 as I don’t agree or disagree with China’s strategy, but the UK 🇬🇧 & the western country’s are giving the vaccine first to the elderly & working down the list, where China is doing the opposite they are jabbing the 18-59yr olds first their outlook is to protect the economy first. I HAVE NO OPTION but it got me thinking.

Edited by blackbird

10 minutes ago, blackbird said:

Now don’t shoot me down in flames 🔥 as I don’t agree or disagree with China’s strategy, but the UK 🇬🇧 & the wester country’s are giving the vaccine first to the elderly & working down the list, where China is doing the opposite they are jabbing the 18-59yr olds first their outlook is to protect the economy first. I HAVE NO OPTION but it got me thinking.

But China don’t give a monkey’s about their population, only their economy so their motivation is to protect their economy. Just like hiding the fact that the pandemic had started and lying about human to human transmission to protect a trade deal - resulting in >2million deaths globally and climbing. 

leaving the EU and doing as well as we are in vaccinations is something to be proud of - the EU is in chaos, their joint vaccination nonsense undermined by not ordering vaccines so as not to upset the French as they’d promised to buy the French as yet unapproved vaccine, Germany has ordered their own outside of the pact....its all going wrong for the EU and Boris was exactly right to not join their scheme, despite the criticism levelled at him at the time. 

Edited by oscarsdad

Because I work in Social Care, I had my first jab last Thursday morning. A community centre in Cardiff was used, and I was impressed with the way that everything was organised there. There were 24 'stations' where the jab's were administered, and there were many Royal Air Force cadets to help everyone who turned up.

2 minutes ago, steve_b_wales said:

Because I work in Social Care, I had my first jab last Thursday morning. A community centre in Cardiff was used, and I was impressed with the way that everything was organised there. There were 24 'stations' where the jab's were administered, and there were many Royal Air Force cadets to help everyone who turned up.

Took my wife for her jab this morning , there was already a small q around 8.30 , appointment was for 8.40 , I left her while I took my dog for a walk and time I got back she was sitting in my car show , she said it was really well organised and they were booked in to do 800 today .

44 minutes ago, oscarsdad said:

leaving the EU and doing as well as we are in vaccinations is something to be proud of - the EU is in chaos, their joint vaccination nonsense undermined by not ordering vaccines so as not to upset the French as they’d promised to buy the French as yet unapproved vaccine, Germany has ordered their own outside of the pact....its all going wrong for the EU and Boris was exactly right to not join their scheme, despite the criticism levelled at him at the time. 

The EU is in a mess and Boris did something right??

That can't be right surely 😅😅

There will always be detractors, like that idiot James O'Brian on LBC, but I for one think they are doing really well

The only thing I would say is I think teachers, police and bus drivers etc should have got one early on along with NHS staff

But the EU is all over the place, typical bureaucratic nightmare. So glad we are out of all that now

Edited by Vince Green

2 hours ago, blackbird said:

Now don’t shoot me down in flames 🔥 as I don’t agree or disagree with China’s strategy, but the UK 🇬🇧 & the western country’s are giving the vaccine first to the elderly & working down the list, where China is doing the opposite they are jabbing the 18-59yr olds first their outlook is to protect the economy first. I HAVE NO OPTION but it got me thinking.

Conservatives need the elderly alive in order to vote them in at next election.

I am not due mine yet (a junior at 'only' 63) but I hear that Gloucestershire and Worcestershire (I live virtually on the border) are among the highest percentages done - and anecdotally I hear that it is all running very smoothly (in both counties) and people are both pleased and grateful.

38317996-9171583-image-a-28_161124906200

The less good news is that care homes in both counties currently have significant serious outbreaks.

Edited by JohnfromUK

3 hours ago, NoBodyImportant said:

So she and half of the staff said they would quit or retire and so the hospital back peddled and said it was optional. 

It’s a protein based vaccine so there is no way it can do harm outside of an allergic reaction or fever based complications 

Really hope your wife and half of the staff based their decision on correct information, at least. It is not a protein based vaccine.

It seems patchy

my brother 63 and his wife 62 were suprised today to get a phone call to say be ready for theirs later this week or at the week end. Neither are special occupations or have any health issues. They live in Oxfordshire not far from Old Pigeon Popper

My mother in law however, 92 only got her first jab in Cornwall yesterday and had a 90 mile round trip to Truro get it

Edited by Vince Green

14 minutes ago, southeastpete said:

Someone told me that they are working on or have a different method as well other than vaccination, pill or up the bum or something? Does anyone know if this is right?

As I am huuuugely needle phobic and won’t be having an injection!

Rather than potentially save your life?

southeastpete - it's all in the mind m8, just try and laugh it off as the more you worry about it the worse it will seem - go with your wife or a bunch of lasses if you can and your bravado will see you through, after over 45,000 needles during my lifetime I'm still not a huge fan but it is NEVER as bad as you work yourself up to think it's going to be - ultimately it's no different to getting a splinter in your skin. Had mine Sunday, mild headache and Flu like symptoms for 24 hours but nothing to moan about. The clinic was well run with nearly as many helpers as patients but I was dissapointed to see that, as I swapped my place nearer the front for an elderly man who had mobility issues sitting near the back, nobody else seemed to care that he was in some difficulty and offered to do the same.