Jab side effects question?

itchy trigger

Hi all

want to put this here and not in the sub forum as more will see it.

pal had the jab and it made him ill for a couple of days, loose bowels, really bad muscle pain, aching all over falling asleep all the time he was so tired, he is 20 years younger than me, 

me  I'm in my 70's, kidney transplant, aortic valve replacement, just a creaking gate really. so are side effects common considering its not a live vaccine

got the Jab scheduled for Tuesday

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We had ours 10 days ago and my wife just had a sore arm but she doesn't have a lot of muscle there to put it in.  I had a bit of a sore throat, maybe not conected but gone now and a bit of stiffness in the shoulders again maybe not connected as I am always working moving stuff. In the main really nothing to worry about.  I certainly advise having it becaue it is not going away soon and if in your circumstances, catching it could be serious, then yes get it done.

Maybe your mates condition was from another source ...sauce ??? 

Edited by Walker570

1 minute ago, Walker570 said:

We had ours 10 days ago and my wife just had a sore arm but she doesn't have a lot of muscle there to put it in.  I had a bit of a sore throat, maybe not conected but gone now and a bit of stiffness in the shoulders again maybe not connected as I am always working moving stuff. In the main really nothing to worry about.  I certainly advise having it becaue it is not going away soon and if in your circumstances, catching it could be serious, then yes get it done.

thanks for that Walker 570, I am definitely having it, just wanted feedback from people like your selves who have had the jab them selves and their reaction to it

14 minutes ago, billytheghillie said:

when did you get it Gordon?

carefull, he'll cut you to pieces with his wit. then again has nothing to contribute but it will get his post count up

big thank you to everyone that contributed, won't be much happening now its here in the backwoods

Edited by itchy trigger

Had the A-Z jab last Saturday at 3.30pm. No discomfort but just couldn't get to sleep that night till about 5 am. On the following evening my left hip was aching whilst sitting down and during that night both hips were aching, but I found if I lay on my back it was okay. Okay by morning and nothing since then.

18 hours ago, itchy trigger said:

Hi all

want to put this here and not in the sub forum as more will see it.

pal had the jab and it made him ill for a couple of days, loose bowels, really bad muscle pain, aching all over falling asleep all the time he was so tired, he is 20 years younger than me, 

me  I'm in my 70's, kidney transplant, aortic valve replacement, just a creaking gate really. so are side effects common considering its not a live vaccine

got the Jab scheduled for Tuesday

According to the booklet symptoms should last less than a week. If worse or longer use 111 with vaccine name.

I accidentally had the AZ vaccination this afternoon. A little soreness in the arm for a couple of hours, but so far feel fine. I had it on an empty stomach, too, if that makes a difference?! I didn't feel nauseous or light headed, just got stabbed in the arm and headed back to the car park. If I turn green or grow antlers in the next few days, I'll let you know.

Had mine last week. Day after I woke up feeling weak. Shaky hands, loose bowels blurred vision  and aching joints.    Hang about though I am 84 and feel like that every day.😀

Joking apart  I had no ill effects at all. Nor did her inside or I wold have known all about it!

Edited by DUNKS

situation update: 5:15am, and I've not slept. muscles are burning a bit and I feel ill - somewhere between common cold and man flu. I'm going to mope all day today and tomorrow, but really, it's not that bad. Just don't tell my other half; she thinks I'm being such a trooper for keeping going :D

Edited by chrisjpainter

A few colleagues have had it and about 3 or 4 out of 16+ had flu like symptoms for a day or two which then fully resolved. 

All of the ones who had a mild reaction believe they might have already had Covid in the past but got over it without a proper diagnosis. 

I got the vaccine (Pfizer) and had a little bit of a sore arm that night and a real bad arm ache the next day, but was absolutely fine by the day after that. 

I did have 2 pints of Thatchers the night of the vaccine followed by a large vodka and coke, and 2 large vodka and cokes the next night. 

Slept ok and back to normal now 3 days later.