1984 how was it for you? What were you doing?

harrycatcat1

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1984? I was 24/25 years old and had just been made redundant from an electronics firm ( we made the ZX Spectrum ) and at the time of being made redundant on about 90 quid per week, probably less. 
I was living with a lass who had the sort of body which would make a vicar kick out his stained glass windows, and we often shagged ourselves to a standstill! 
We adored each other but both attracted the opposite sex like moths to a flame, and unfortunately ripped ourselves apart with jealousy. 
It was an interesting but very volatile time, and I think we both look back on it now with the regret that is always enlightening with the benefit of hindsight. 

We both blamed ourselves, and even though we see each other rarely these days, it’s always on good terms, and we still have a laugh. 
It’s just life. Anyhow, that was 1984. 
Edited to add: Billy Joel brought out ‘Uptown Girl’ and the fabulous ‘Sexual Healing’ by Marvin Gaye was also in the charts. 

Edited by Scully

I was like a rabbit, getting through bumper packs of durex fiesta like my life depended on emptying my scrotum 6 times a day. 

Earning £85 a week and managing a Butchers shop, and shared more sausage that Jon Doe,  night clubbing up and down the country. 

No regrets whatsoever 

I had been married for 7 years in 84 and never got the seven year hitch as I was more than happy with what I had at home , I was working all hours god made as the building trade was pretty poor money but I was fairly fit and in 87 I paid my mortgage off , looking back it don't seem that long ago but 40 years is a fair ole chunk of your life , so look forward to the time you have got left as there is very little you can about the time you have already had .     MM

In 1984 I had a son  of 3 and a daughter of one and was motorbike controlling in a courier company in the west end of London I was also on my second season of motorcycle racing formula one sidecars did it until the end of 1990 season Mrs still hasn’t forgiven me 34 years later 😂

Christmas 1984, picked up a frozen chicken the size of a pigeon donated by the railway union already sold my guns and gear, and a carrier bag of tinned stuff (lucky dip some had no labels.) Russian prunes and what could have been stewed steak or dog meat?. Some toys and books for my daughter for Christmas morning from the donations in the welfare club. Then again I was one of the enemy within. March 1984/85 a year I will never forget or regret a reset on my life never been without since.