covid has caught me.

mel b3

38 minutes ago, mel b3 said:

Cheers gents .

My daughter has instructions to deliver a bottle of rum each morning,  if she turns up one morning and yesterday's rum is still on the step , call the undertaker 😊.

At the moment,  I feel like a pair of TRUMPS pants , but the rum is helping , I'm no doctor,  but , I reckon if I can stay drunk for two weeks,  then I should be over the worst of it 😊.

corrected your spelling mistake.

1st dibs on the Bottle of Rum left on the doorstep,  

Get well soon Mel

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

Do we need to have a whip round to get you more rum?

Everyone is young compared to you Nev!:w00t:

Yep, I remember the years and it is something none of us can avoid unless unfortunate enough to depart this world too early.  Just don't waste it. It ain't a rehearsal I can tell you. The last thirty years feel like three. If you can do it, then do it.  Showing a friend some photos of us hunting 35yrs ago and it seems like yesterday.  It sometimes takes some old fogey like me to kick you younsters up the backside and remind y'allll.

Thanks for the good wishes gents , and the insults dave ( you know what a sensitive little thing I am😅).

I'm very much hoping that I'm one the lucky ones , that doesn't suffer too badly from it . I'm a fat lump with high blood pressure, and the complications that come with it , but I'm also a binman, and general outdoors person , so I'm guessing that my immune system must be pretty good. 

On a serious note .

The seriousness of covid has really hit home for me over the last couple of weeks . It was all stuff that happened to people on the telly , but suddenly it's been people that I know that have lost their lives to it . Big strong guys that I know ,have been reduced to physical wrecks . It's all got very real , very quickly. 👍.

25 minutes ago, mel b3 said:

Thanks for the good wishes gents , and the insults dave ( you know what a sensitive little thing I am😅).

I'm very much hoping that I'm one the lucky ones , that doesn't suffer too badly from it . I'm a fat lump with high blood pressure, and the complications that come with it , but I'm also a binman, and general outdoors person , so I'm guessing that my immune system must be pretty good. 

On a serious note .

The seriousness of covid has really hit home for me over the last couple of weeks . It was all stuff that happened to people on the telly , but suddenly it's been people that I know that have lost their lives to it . Big strong guys that I know ,have been reduced to physical wrecks . It's all got very real , very quickly. 👍.

I'm 52 and do a physical job, plant hire company lots of heavy lifting loading and off loading the van on sites. I consider myself in pretty good nick, slight belly but ain't we all hitting fifty? When I caught it I thought it just feels like flu apart from that scorching headache and eye strain. But I wasn't expecting the after effects. I was tired when I had symptoms but thats nothing to how totally knackered I felt afterwards. Even the most trivial task like taking out the rubbish bags, just wiped me out. No way at the moment I can return to work. I wouldn't last five minutes.

And your right about it being very real when you have it. I couldn't get the thought out of my head that I have tested positive for a virus capable of killing me inside 14 days. Its a very scary situation to be in.

33 minutes ago, ditchman said:

if you start on the gas .....make sure its oxygen not actylene........

keep safe.........if i have one sniff of covid-19....im dun for..............the govt' keep sending me letters telling me to order up my coffin..

Just imagine the type of coffin that the pw craft and diy section could make for you , those deer antler handles will look great.

24 minutes ago, fatchap said:

I'm 52 and do a physical job, plant hire company lots of heavy lifting loading and off loading the van on sites. I consider myself in pretty good nick, slight belly but ain't we all hitting fifty? When I caught it I thought it just feels like flu apart from that scorching headache and eye strain. But I wasn't expecting the after effects. I was tired when I had symptoms but thats nothing to how totally knackered I felt afterwards. Even the most trivial task like taking out the rubbish bags, just wiped me out. No way at the moment I can return to work. I wouldn't last five minutes.

And your right about it being very real when you have it. I couldn't get the thought out of my head that I have tested positive for a virus capable of killing me inside 14 days. Its a very scary situation to be in.

I'm feeling rough , but not as bad as full on flu (that really is a grim experience that I wouldn't wish to repeat ).  I've been having the worrying thoughts for the last two nights , I've been laying in the dark struggling to get breath into my lungs  , and the tiredness isn't helped by the fact that I'm having to piddle every twenty minutes day and night 😕. The piddling is calming down a bit now , and I've got the squitts instead , but at least I get to sit down 😅.  

14 minutes ago, mel b3 said:

Just imagine the type of coffin that the pw craft and diy section could make for you , those deer antler handles will look great.

I'm feeling rough , but not as bad as full on flu (that really is a grim experience that I wouldn't wish to repeat ).  I've been having the worrying thoughts for the last two nights , I've been laying in the dark struggling to get breath into my lungs  , and the tiredness isn't helped by the fact that I'm having to piddle every twenty minutes day and night 😕. The piddling is calming down a bit now , and I've got the squitts instead , but at least I get to sit down 😅.  

They suggest lying prone when you sleep as it eases the strain on your lungs making breathing easier at night. Wife says all the covid patients on her ward are lying on thier stomachs.

Edited by fatchap

8 minutes ago, mel b3 said:

.... I'm feeling rough, but not as bad as full on flu (that really is a grim experience that I wouldn't wish to repeat ).  I've been having the worrying thoughts for the last two nights , I've been laying in the dark struggling to get breath into my lungs  , and the tiredness isn't helped by the fact that I'm having to piddle every twenty minutes day and night 😕. The piddling is calming down a bit now , and I've got the squitts instead , but at least I get to sit down 😅.  

Its a shame the denier general public and students don't get to read first hand accounts from people who have had covid and how its debilitated them for so long after getting over the worst of it.

We often hear from people who say it was almost nothing: they need to hear the worst accounts that some might say is scaremongering and unpalatable. 

18 minutes ago, mel b3 said:

Sleep in the bath, but for gawds sake leave the plug out!:cool1:

2 hours ago, Old farrier said:

Although all this could be fake news and a government conspiracy to save money on bin emptying and a ploy to increase rum sales 🤭

Mels in on it and jaymo is hovering about with his chemtrails  there all working for the secret service 😉

im chuckling to myself , because you just know that somebody somewhere ,  is wearing a tinfoil hat and agreeing with you :hmm:

30 minutes ago, fatchap said:

They suggest lying prone when you sleep as it eases the strain on your lungs making breathing easier at night. Wife says all the covid patients on her ward are lying on thier stomachs.

i tried that last night , but my joints are so painful that i couldnt stay in that position :unhappy:

27 minutes ago, Dave-G said:

Its a shame the denier general public and students don't get to read first hand accounts from people who have had covid and how its debilitated them for so long after getting over the worst of it.

We often hear from people who say it was almost nothing: they need to hear the worst accounts that some might say is scaremongering and unpalatable. 

for most of us , it just hasnt really hit home yet . i can remember watching it all unfold in china , and thinking , thank god i live in a country that would close the borders to make sure that something like that could never hit the uk . oh for the naivety of a year ago .

24 minutes ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

Sleep in the bath, but for gawds sake leave the plug out!

im thinking chemical toilet in the living room , i could watch home shopping channels all night , and buy super mops , just in case :yes:

11 minutes ago, loriusgarrulus said:

Get well soon Mel. We have to get back to the woodlands as soon as everywhere opens up again. 

thanks Yvonne . i hope you and Andrew are keeping yourselves safe .

we hardly saw anything of our woodland last year , i cant wait to just sit on a log and sharpen a stick.

13 minutes ago, mel b3 said:

we hardly saw anything of our woodland last year , i cant wait to just sit on a log and sharpen a stick.

It'll be far better than sitting on the bog feeling sick!

Take care fella.

I arrived in work tonight and the lads were all wearing masks??

Turns out one lad had a positive result today,  so now it's the waiting game of how many more will get it, but plenty of the neigh sayers on here will still say the lockdown isn't needed, just imagine if the offices were full of staff!!

16 minutes ago, mel b3 said:

im chuckling to myself , because you just know that somebody somewhere ,  is wearing a tinfoil hat and agreeing with you 

i tried that last night , but my joints are so painful that i couldnt stay in that position 

for most of us , it just hasnt really hit home yet . i can remember watching it all unfold in china , and thinking , thank god i live in a country that would close the borders to make sure that something like that could never hit the uk . oh for the naivety of a year ago .

im thinking chemical toilet in the living room , i could watch home shopping channels all night , and buy super mops , just in case 

thanks Yvonne . i hope you and Andrew are keeping yourselves safe .

We didnt either. Had 6 days at New Year. Then the weather was rubbish. We were just getting ready to go down again when lockdown 1 happened. Had 2 overnight trips in the Summer between lockdowns and Tiers and Welsh lockdowns and that was it. Due for the vaccine in the next few months then hopefully we can get down there this year.