• Replies 818
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Smokersmith said:

Cheese and wine ... is that a party?"

We had it a rugby once , while the game was being played 😅😅

3 hours ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

ITV's Good Morning Britain has just stated that in a "Snap Pole" more than half of those questioned want Boris to resign.

Gordon Bennett, think it through, there is no-one else!

A poll of who though?? There was one last night that had 50% want him gone, 33% stay, he could stroll away saying he completed Brexit and smashed Labour in the last election and has decided to step aside,  then the fun would start.

Who could replace Boris?

Penny Mordaunt - easier on the eye, but a bit lightweight.

Michael Gove - a great little schemer, but can he be trusted by his own colleagues?

Liz Truss - do me a favour.

Rishi Sunak - credible and would possibly attract ethnic votes.

Matt Hancock - stuck him in for comedic value.

Tom Tugendhat - competition for Rishi and a genuine, no baggage contender.

Whatever their drawbacks, not one is as boring or as lacking in charisma as Keir Starmer.

So his coat is getting a bit tatty with relatively minor stains that press and politics turn into mountains, people like a good moan once in a while but I don't see anyone else capable of carrying their box in if he carries his out.

He steadfastly sails on with a smile on his face while knowing many are trying to sink him.

Edited by Dave-G

14 hours ago, oowee said:

Unfortunately we are led by a buffoon with a party of ...... with no policy, no plans and no ideas. Supported by an easily duped population following the gospel of the mail that takes them for fools.

We can hold our heads high living on past glories and decrying the faults of everyone else. 

Meanwhile the world moves on and we drift further into obscurity.

Good post!

I honestly don't think it matters who is at the helm. Britain has it's head in the sand.

We need to get deal with some of the realities of where we are. Education is weak, poverty is all around us, Brexit is not finished, the NHS and care system needs more resources to deal with our ageing population, dealing with climate change just gets pushed further down the road, housing crisis, shortage of workers to pay the taxes to maintain our standard of living. We are on borrowed time and there is no mandate to deal with it. 

We can get a new leader but it will be more of the same.

I'm expecting more from Farage in the coming days, ever the opportunist that he is.

As far as current leader of the Cons and Prime Minister goes, I think there is a growing sentiment right now of "anyone but Boris". Strangely enough that position was aired in some quarters during the previous Con leadership race.

Personally I think Sunak would restore some much needed public faith in our Government.

57 minutes ago, Medic1281 said:

If the cons don’t win north Shropshire by election next week I think boris will have to go. It’s historically a very safe blue seat, but bookies have got Lib Dems as favourites at the moment. 

You think so on the strength of one mid term by election?

1 hour ago, Medic1281 said:

If the cons don’t win north Shropshire by election next week I think boris will have to go. It’s historically a very safe blue seat, but bookies have got Lib Dems as favourites at the moment. 

Hello, we have a Lib Dem MP , made £3000 for a TV zoom appearance from her parliamentary office, oh I forgot it's against the rules 🤔😂

3 hours ago, Gordon R said:

Who could replace Boris?

Penny Mordaunt - easier on the eye, but a bit lightweight.

Michael Gove - a great little schemer, but can he be trusted by his own colleagues?

Liz Truss - do me a favour.

Rishi Sunak - credible and would possibly attract ethnic votes.

Matt Hancock - stuck him in for comedic value.

Tom Tugendhat - competition for Rishi and a genuine, no baggage contender.

Whatever their drawbacks, not one is as boring or as lacking in charisma as Keir Starmer.

As I mentioned earlier in this thread Steve Baker .

He had quite a strong following of MPs in last leadership contest that wanted him to stand but he declined. He was chair of the ERG . Well educated, ex RAF and NOT Eton !! Decent bloke all round