Boris ...is he a dead man walking.

TRINITY

• Replies 818
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

20 hours ago, Mice! said:

It's easy to sound good though when you don't have to implement anything,  I'm not saying some of his ideas aren't good, but could he raise a party? 

Seriously now bud, who in their right mind would want to inherit the garbage situation we possess at present? 

We all know, nod nod,wink wink, there will be no evidence to find as the investigators will have been at the parties that never took place too?

Edited by old man

I think the past has shown Farage isn't well liked by enough MP's to form a party strong enough to win an election. He done us proud by seeing we are not commanded by Brussels and Co - but there's too many wets seeing him or many of his supporters as too far to the right.

Edited by Dave-G

28 minutes ago, Dave-G said:

I think the past has shown Farage isn't well liked by enough MP's to form a party strong enough to win an election. He done us proud by seeing we are not commanded by Brussels and Co

I agree, but as I have said in the past - Farage doesn't seem to be able to put together a good team.  I don't know why - maybe he is hard to work with, maybe he plays his cards too close to his chest, maybe he doesn't trust others?  I don't know, but all of his past 'party' efforts have ended up as Farage - and a nameless group of totally forgettable 'also rans'.

If you are to be a credible Gov't in waiting, the public will want to know who the other 'top table' players will be - those who would be Home Secretary, Chancellor, Foreign Secretary, Defence Secretary etc.  The electorate needs to see a "team" that they can envisage running the country - not one man who delivers a good speech well.

2 minutes ago, JohnfromUK said:

I agree, but as I have said in the past - Farage doesn't seem to be able to put together a good team.  I don't know why - maybe he is hard to work with, maybe he plays his cards too close to his chest, maybe he doesn't trust others?  I don't know, but all of his past 'party' efforts have ended up as Farage - and a nameless group of totally forgettable 'also rans'.

If you are to be a credible Gov't in waiting, the public will want to know who the other 'top table' players will be - those who would be Home Secretary, Chancellor, Foreign Secretary, Defence Secretary etc.  The electorate needs to see a "team" that they can envisage running the country - not one man who delivers a good speech well.

I think that's all part of it, but it stems from the simple problem that he is defined (whether fairly or unfairly) as a one issue politician. So those who are in politics that naturally gravitate to him ARE going to be similarly monomaniacal. But not everything can be looked at through the eyes of Brexit. You need to have an answer to education, housing, defence, the environment, poverty, farming and food production, health, pensions, foreign relations, industry, transport, etc. Then along comes Doulas Carswell, who was interested in developing an answer to education, housing, defence, the environment... and ended up leaving the party because the two couldn't get along and Farage said  he 'didn't agree with anything for which the party stood.'

UKIP, Brexit Party, Reform UK, whatever the latest badge says, has the same problem: their church simply isn't wide enough to make any kind of substantial inroad. Ironically, they've got exactly the same problem as the Greens, although they might be in an even more daft position. They have someone who's actually passionate about all the above things, is actually in parliament and is a genuinely gifted politician, but can't get anywhere with them because her own party won't let her do any of it!

3 minutes ago, chrisjpainter said:

I think that's all part of it, but it stems from the simple problem that he is defined (whether fairly or unfairly) as a one issue politician. So those who are in politics that naturally gravitate to him ARE going to be similarly monomaniacal. But not everything can be looked at through the eyes of Brexit. You need to have an answer to education, housing, defence, the environment, poverty, farming and food production, health, pensions, foreign relations, industry, transport, etc. Then along comes Doulas Carswell, who was interested in developing an answer to education, housing, defence, the environment... and ended up leaving the party because the two couldn't get along and Farage said  he 'didn't agree with anything for which the party stood.'

UKIP, Brexit Party, Reform UK, whatever the latest badge says, has the same problem: their church simply isn't wide enough to make any kind of substantial inroad. Ironically, they've got exactly the same problem as the Greens, although they might be in an even more daft position. They have someone who's actually passionate about all the above things, is actually in parliament and is a genuinely gifted politician, but can't get anywhere with them because her own party won't let her do any of it!

I don't disagree at all re Farage ...... however I don't hold Caroline Lucas in the same esteem that you do, though I agree she can speak well.  But that is a different issue.

1 hour ago, TRINITY said:

See my choice for leader, Steve Baker has started to become active. 

Think we will hear more from him in the comming days. I really fancy him for the top job and think he may now see this as the time to make the move

As much as he might be a decent guy, the Conservatives can't be trusted. They're just a slightly less left Labour party now. Nothing Conservative about them. 

1 hour ago, TRINITY said:

Just listen to the guy, his views are very refreshing, you may change your mind

After the what the tories tried to do with brexit under May, the tories under Boris was in the last chance saloon for me. I'm done with them, this country needs drastic change and that isn't going to happen under the tories and would get worse under labour. 

There is no one at all in Labour that is electable. You only have to look at starmer and the trivial things that he challenges  Boris with.  A very poor opposition. Grasping at straws  That's why they loose so many elections.  Liberals... unelectable lunes.  Greens.. barmy.  Monster raving loonies...... dark horses in the race 😊😊😊😊

Edited by Minky