New wellies!

grahamch

51 minutes ago, tonyshooter said:

Aigle, always Aigle.

I have had the rest right from Aldi / Lidl middle of the isle specials right up to Le Chameau and I have always ended up buying Aigles as replacements. Work the years of usage into the cost and they are spot on ! 

Plus one.

I chanced a pair of zip sided wellies from Decathlon about 3 years ago. Think they were around the £60/70 Mark. I am not sure of the model but they are unlined.

I can't fault them at all and will be getting another pair when these ones wear out.

Funnily enough bought a pair of the Decathlon €60-ish wellies when I was in Germany last week.

So far very impressed with them, and hopefully not a sweaty as my LeChams in summer.

Edited to say they also had Aigles on the shelf. Heavier & neoprene. Great for winter or I assume the foreshore, like my Le chams, but too much welly 80% of the time

Edited by udderlyoffroad

I have a pair of cheap 'half height' Dunlops for general gardening, short dog walks in the fields etc.  At about £15, very good value and 'expendable'.  At that price, you can afford them as a second or spare pair.

For my main wellies I have LeChameau neoprene.  Done about 10-15 years so far and now getting a bit perished.  Very comfortable.  2 years ago I bought a replacement pair the same in a sale direct from LeChameau (good reduction and a free bootjack) as I know they are comfortable and mine certainly lasted quite well.

I think more people prefer Aigle and maybe I will go that way next time.