Who Is Having The Covid Booster This Winter ?

marsh man

After I had mine last year I had mild side effects like a mild flu , so I thought that is it , I ain't going to have any more , now with just receiving my reminder I have decided to go ahead as a bad dose of Covid would nearly finish me off , so me and my wife are booked in together tomorrow afternoon , hopefully it will be like the first two I had where I had very little side effects .

Are YOU having yours this year , or giving it a miss ?       MM

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The wife and I had both flu and covid jabs several weeks ago at the local quacks.  They had a Saturday and Sunday open walk in.  No fuss at all. One in one arm one in the other. Didn't feel a thing and didn't have any reaction at all. Apparently a couple who live just down 5he Road had covid recently and were pretty ill with ìt. But a lot of deaths with the fluè. Get the jabs.

Morning John,

Yep, both had ours three weeks ago, plus the flu jab at the same time. Never had any side effects whatsoever with any of the Covid jabs. Had the Pfizer ones.

Good luck with yours and Ann`s.

OB

The Missus and I are having ours at 12.00 tomorrow This will be our 7th Jan and neither of us have had covid so fat.

Just now, RCB56 said:

The Missus and I are having ours at 12.00 tomorrow This will be our 7th Jan and neither of us have had covid so fat.

Should be 7th jab.

10 minutes ago, Centrepin said:

The Mrs and I had ours last Sunday afternoon, they came to the house. Pfizer. Mrs suffered all through the week and I had just a sore arm. Yesterday, dunno if connected, couldn't get my head off the pillow,  today just feeling rough. 

Sorry to hear that , hope you are both feeling better very soon .    MM

Jabs since September

Shingles

Flu

Covid

Shingles

They gave me two spaced shingles jabs for some reason.

Never had Covid, though members of the close family have, nor shingles nor flu since having the jab for the past many years.

Slightly achy arms, but no other side effects

Had flu (jab) mid September and covid (jab) a week later.  No significant side effects from either.  Perhaps I have been lucky, but I must have had 30 or 40 flu jabs over the years (most years since I was at school) and all covid jabs.  At worst I have had a slightly 'off' day.  Only ever had real flu in years I missed jab (usually work commitments clashed with the office vaccine day).  Never (to my knowledge) had covid.

1 hour ago, Mr.T said:

I haven’t had any of the jabs and don’t intend to, never had COVID or flu so my immune system must be doing the job. 

My dad had that mindset. Got flu December last year and was dead after about a week and half. A week of which he was on a ventilator. Ripe old age of 66.

1 hour ago, mossy835 said:

never had it last year, not having it this year. we have never had it yet.

I wish I was in your position. I had to have it, astra-zeneca or have no job. It has given me (after the trip three days after to the coronary dependency unit on 999 summoned by my GP not me) an enlarged heart. Boris Johnson's snake oil. Posion. I've no issue with the flu vaccine but this astra zenesa isn't a vaccine and not properly tested under the same protocols that apply to every other drug.

Edited by enfieldspares

Had all 7 and had Covid twice, both times while in Hospital, last time was 3 weeks after heart surgery and my Consultant thought that the vaccine had saved my life. I have a personal friend who is a Consultant Pharmacist (actually I have 2 such friends one of them is married to a guy that worked on the vaccine at The Radcliffe) and both assure me that not having the Jab is far more dangerous than having it. Think I'll listen to them. 

I won’t be . 42 this year and I’m done with it. 
I’ve had covid twice and ended up on steroids to keep me breathing but my cousin now has a heart issue after the jab at 27 years old . 
im asthmatic . 

a lad in my street has covid the 4th time now and scaring on his lungs . 

speaking to Mel b yesterday and he’s still struggling with the after affects