Is it time to bring back the birch?

Rob85

So while scrolling aimlessly through face-ache this morning I come across this little article about some idiot medical drop out who is protesting about private jets. Some how she thinks that videoing herself dumping urine and excrement over a memorial to covid fundraiser Captain Tom was a great idea and sure to raise awareness.

Personally I think she should be birched.

20221002_115955.jpg

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I honsetly think that some people like this woman who engage in some of these extreme protests are mentally unstable and a bit brain washed by the "cause"

She should be prosecuted, but looking at the courts sentencing for these people it is likely she will be let off scott free.

46 minutes ago, welsh1 said:

I honsetly think that some people like this woman who engage in some of these extreme protests are mentally unstable and a bit brain washed by the "cause"

She should be prosecuted, but looking at the courts sentencing for these people it is likely she will be let off scott free.

Was just thinking the same thing this morning  re the brainwashed , it is as though , they have no thoughts of there own and they all repeat  the same thing .

We should have started with the football hooligans in the 1960’s. 
Bread and water for a week, then everybody attends next week’s match 30 mins early to witness last week’s hooligans lashed to the goal posts for a flogging. 
It would have cured the hooligan problem in a very few weeks.

She was protesting about private aviation ............. which has what to do with Capt Tom Moore?

Actions like this are an insult to Capt Moore's memory, the values he stood for, the people who supported him and civilised society in general.  She should go to jail for a long time. 

Assuming a jury trial, the jury needs to be warned by the judge very clearly - that they are trying the accused for an alleged offence - not for their opinions on private aviation (or any other opinions they hold).  I don't know whether 'contempt of court' would apply if a jury gives a verdict based on how they support the accused's belief(s) rather than whether an offence was committed by the accused.

The justice system (judges, officials and juries) MUST get over this idea that it can let off offenders who have committed criminal acts because they support their views.  They are NOT being tried for their views.

Edited by JohnfromUK

She should be prosecuted for criminal vandalism, and made to clean it up, that’s all you can do actually. 
What annoys me about these empty headed morons is that they never target those they deem to be responsible for whatever cause they support. 
The ‘insulate my house for free’ mob who glue themselves to roads etc,  ( for a start why not just leave them there? Their cause wouldn’t seem too important once it started to rain, they were hungry and there was a bit of frost on the ground ) extinction rebellion etc etc. Why aren’t they targeting those responsible, or the only people who can make a change, such as the politicians? Too much like hard work that eh. 

5 hours ago, ditchman said:

the cat.....flesh flayed off her back...then rubbed down with salt

there was two men in Chesterfield that brutally robbed a jeweller going home from work , Silcock  and Burton , they both got the lash for their crime, Silcock got the cat , Burton got the birch because he was frail compared to Silcock , 

There ill  gotten gains where never found! Silcock went on to be a successful and ruthless business man running an industrial painting company based mainly at the Staveley Iron and Chemical Company , Burton went on to set up a butchers shop on Chatsworth road,  but he never seem to be completely in charge of of his thoughts !

would the cat or birch stop harden criminals ? I don't know ,  But I think it would bring us as a civilised country into  realms of the likes of the Saud's if we took this rout with these miss guided people !  

But on the other hand dealing with the likes of these people perhaps  a Full Frontal Lobotomy may not go amiss !! 

also some politicians perhaps

Edited by derbyduck
forgot about Truss