Favourite vehicle you’ve ever owned

Duckandswing

I was thinking today whilst driving my pick up, what is the favourite vehicle I’ve ever owned?

Was it the fastest, the most comfortable? The most fun? The most practical?

I was actually torn between my current ford ranger wildtrak and an E reg mini I had in the late 90’s.

I somehow squeezed by 6’4 frame behind the wheel of my 1.0 litre (maybe just less at 998cc?) classic mini. It was beige/cream and only had plastic hub cabs. It was so much fun though, never let me down and me and my girlfriend of the time went everywhere in it. Even drove from Yorkshire to Scotland a few times on our adventures. So easy to work on too.

The pick up is obviously the polar opposite but suits my purposes now. Admittedly it can be a pain to park and drinks fuel but I still love how it swallows my four dogs, a tonne of logs  etc. I don’t think I could go back to a car now. I wouldn’t say it’s overly comfortable being a ford (always been a bit rough on my back) and it wallows a bit but otherwise I love it.

So what about you guys? I am betting there’s a few landrover defenders in there somewhere? I had a Td5 back in the early 2000’s but being of a bigger frame I couldn’t handle the lack of leg room, the stiff clutch and minging gear change. Stupid seat adjustment always stuck into my thigh too. Otherwise loved it.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Landcruiser Amazon- just amazing 

VW Amarok lovely and the dog's are in the back, no smell . 

Suzuki jimny all set up for lamping funny as but got everywhere.

Toyota landcruiser commercial [ van ] just like a landy 90 but with a 3L engine, just for lamping amazing .

Had loads of others but hey thats what i thought were the best.

I have wasted so much money on cars. New cars owned for just 4 months. New cars bought and repainted before delivery to a special colour. Classic disaster cars (fiat coupe, merc convertibles). I loved the Toyota pickups, Defender, Audi a2's, Honda's, Golfs, citroens, MG's, BMW's maybe 50 cars in total. I honestly think it was a sickness. Now i like to think I have no interest in the things but ...........😁 I love the technology and fancy the new Civic but I DON'T NEED IT. 😝

A Vauxhall cav 1.6 gl  was my first real car (not a banger) it was a relief to get it. 

I had a vx220 turbo which was amazing but had to drive a 1.8d fiesta as my daily driver which spoilt the ownership. 

The best car comfort and all round capability was a Audi a4 2.5 tdi. 

had several sports cars............my favourite was in the 70s was a ford transit van ...i stuck shagpile carpet to the insides ..wall/ceiling/sides....and put an 8 track tape in it  ....and 3 big bean bags.......it pulled birds better than all the fast cars the farmers sons had at the norfolk dumpling disco.........:lol:

1 hour ago, oowee said:

I have wasted so much money on cars. New cars owned for just 4 months. New cars bought and repainted before delivery to a special colour. Classic disaster cars (fiat coupe, merc convertibles). I loved the Toyota pickups, Defender, Audi a2's, Honda's, Golfs, citroens, MG's, BMW's maybe 50 cars in total. I honestly think it was a sickness. Now i like to think I have no interest in the things but ...........😁 I love the technology and fancy the new Civic but I DON'T NEED IT. 😝

A Vauxhall cav 1.6 gl  was my first real car (not a banger) it was a relief to get it. 

I had a vx220 turbo which was amazing but had to drive a 1.8d fiesta as my daily driver which spoilt the ownership. 

The best car comfort and all round capability was a Audi a4 2.5 tdi. 

A bit like you Oowee

Cars to me were an absolute drug

I have also had laods from Rs Turbos to Gtis to R5 turbos

Through to M3 /M4 S - Dozens of Imprezzas and Evos - Nissan GTRs - totally off the scale awesome

Audi RSs 

Caterhams and Westfields but the thing i had the best laugh in was a Honda S2000 - no traction / abs - just tail happy fun - without it wanting to kill you !

I rated my Nissan pathfinder it must of been some truck in its day with all the extras but every time something happened that will be £500 i think that was the garages favorite quote 

But now it would be hard beat to beat my Range Rover 2 Mot's it flew threw no advisories and its very comfortable to drive 

I can’t decide on “The One” so here’s three 

a blue 1996 Renault Clio 1.8 16v known in the car world as a valver, more tuneable and quicker than its big brother the famous Williams Clio, mine had lots of engine work done completely stripped out and only a couple of bucket seat’s proper little rocket from my boy racer days (I still miss the car and it’s still on the road somewhere) 

A Blue 2003 bmw e46 330ci sport convertible 3 litre straight six, full leather all the options only got rid due to having children and it not being suitable. 

current motor -  ford ranger wildtrack 3.2td in pride orange, but. In complete contrast to the op’s view I find it really comfortable good on fuel and find it handles really well (think chucking it about round b roads) and is good fun to drive. 

current motor -  ford ranger wildtrack 3.2td in pride orange, but. In complete contrast to the op’s view I find it really comfortable good on fuel and find it handlesreally well (think chucking it about round b roads) and is good fun to drive. 

• Mine is the 2.0 biturbo - not sure if that makes it thirstier? That being said, I do love it

Mk 1 Mazda MX5 Harvard. I keep expecting that this will be the year it hits the point of too expensive to maintain, but we're still ticking along. I fell in love with that car when I went to the Mazda showroom looking for parts for my 1993 Kia Pride (amazing car, very cheap and traded it in at 120,000 miles. It may be in Jeremy Clarkson's Worlds Worst Cars book but I loved it). It was gleaming silver in the sunlight, with beautiful red leather interior. It was £18k and I think I earned £3.5k as a student. Ten years later it was on eBay, waiting for me, with just 18000 miles on the clock. It's just fun to drive, very sticky on the road and quick off the mark. Okay, it needs a new hood and the stereo is so old it won't work with the bluetooth transmitter but I love it. I will be very sad when it is no longer economical to keep going. 

I've had a few, averaged one ever 6 months for the first 15 years of driving.

First car was a mk1 golf gti which my dad and I rebuilt over 2 years and I learned all about car repairs and maintenance from it. It will always have a special place in my heart.

Most fun was a Toyota celica GT4 st185 in the castrol rally livery. Wish I'd kept that one as they are silly money now.

Fastest (but only just) was a subaru impreza wrx, the first of many subarus for me.

Rarest was car 003 of 150 Ford racing pumas. Shame I didn't have it for long as it was certainly not a daily driver and I couldn't afford to run more than one car at a time.

I've spent an obscene amount of money on cars but I don't regret a single penny. I have calmed down a lot now and been driving the same subaru xv for 5 trouble free years.