The Harnser RIP

ditchman

im sorry to relate to you that it has recently come to my attention that Harnser has died

i met Harnser several times down the Acle sale rooms where we chewed on cheap burgers drank strong sweet tea and had a mardle

Harnser was a Norfolk boy ...a Gentle man...a long range rifle shot.  stalker..pigeon shooter..  and in his latter days a shooter of rabbits with his HW air rifle seated in his pickup

i would also like to add..he was the source of the most brilliant wind up i have ever read..."HARNSERS BUNKER".......which if you have never read...do a search for on PW....

das  roight boi .jus yew keep orn a goin'..rest you up ole partner..

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

That is a great shame.

Harnser (the Heron) invited me to shoot with him once on laid barley near Norwich Airfield. He must have shot it ten times before I went judging by the amount of tracks through the field and pigeon carcases from birds he couldn't find. We still shot a few.

Nice old Norfolk Boy.

Really sorry to hear that , we might have crossed paths a few times when I found time on a Thursday morning to attend the sale ground , I also had a mug of tea with a egg and mushroom roll , had more ole bois chewing the cud around the tea stall than you had when the sale was taking place.

Rest in peace ( Old Frank )